Search results

1. Owners of PD engines quick question

Hi All, When should the boost come in on the PD engines when in 2nd, 3rd and 4th? I'm asking because I've had a reconditioned turbo fitted to mine but it doesn't feel right as the boost doesn't come in until 2k and above (which is pants because there is no low end power anymore). Also, is...
  2. Stereo

Fuse in the back of the unit in the wrong place? Did you cross over the red and yellow wires?
  3. Inconsistency with interior plastics...?

They are still built in Spain whilst Audi/VW are built in germany so totally different factory. The dash was probably designed and made in Spain instead of imported from Germany hence the lower quality feel to it
  4. Inconsistency with interior plastics...?

Oh thank god I thought I was the only one! My door trims are darker than my dash lol. Thats Seat quality for you I guess..
  5. Rear-ended :(

I got rear ended in my car as well, but the other person gave me cash up front and i treated myself to an FR bumper resprayed in silver and black which was a nice bonus. In your case you need your insurance to get it in a garage to see what damage there is to the car. If there is a loud...
  6. Fitting a double din stereo without paying halfords the world

Is it a new headunit or used? Most headunits have a fuse on the back and sometimes it needs to be moved depending on the vehicle.
  7. Finishing off the Rear

Remote Car Badges Rear Square Plate Carbon Wrap Tailgate Tinted Rear Window LED Numberplate Lights
  8. Compression test results....?

What PSI did you get? Have you checked 2 or 3 cylinders to compare them?
  9. Yet another Radio question..

I think you might be out of look as I think the seriel number of the radio and the chassis number need to be from the same vehicle for them to retrieve the code for the radio. Is it not 1234?
  10. FR Facelift Back bumped needed! HELP PLEASE

It was delivered but I just took the bumper to a local body shop and collected it a few days later then fitted on my driveway.
  11. lowering

35mm springs on it own will do just fine tbh
  12. short list of problems, please have a look :)

On the intake manifold (the 4 black plastic pipes at back of engine) there should be a plug on the left side with 3 wires comming out. That is the MAP sensor and it looks like its sending a misreading to the ECU. Check the condition of the 3 wires for corrosion, and check the end of the plug for...
  13. Show your Sports - For the Non FR/Cupra Owners

I know I was thinking of having it over the roof as well
  14. Show your Sports - For the Non FR/Cupra Owners

This is mine so far :) More plans for it to come too!
  15. FK coilovers

Which drop links are they? They must be too short if the bar is rubbing against the chasis.
  16. Air filter or air intake

You heard wrong then I'm afraid.
  17. FR Facelift Back bumped needed! HELP PLEASE

Keep looking on eBay if i was you. I got mine of ebay for about 115 and had is sprayed black and silver for an extra 130 on top. It worked out cheaper i think then getting a new primed one from a stealer. Before: After: Defo worth it IMO! P.S. Fitting is really easy as you remove 4...
  18. FK coilovers

Are you fitting one side only or both sides? Its best to take off both drop links at the same time before putting on the new ones otherwise it will be out of balance on one side.
  19. BAM 225BHP Engine in mk4?

Because there are off the shelve parts to turbo the VR6 that will easily make more BHP than the BAM engine when its mapped.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise