Search results

1. What the hell is wrong with this piece of crap?

Nah mate. I've still got the car and still as bad as it was before. Took it in for a service and asked them to look at it. Service bloke said it definitely likes cambers but couldn't find anything wrong. He recommended I get it 4 wheel aligned, I said I already had, he shrugged and walked off...
  2. Polish and wax for white

Mate, I've got a Candy white Suparcopa and I've been detailing for a few years now. The best I've seen so far on white is Finishkare FK1000P. It's a sealant, they always look better on white cars. If your going to seal the car though make sure you detox the paint with a tar remover, fallout...
  3. What the hell is wrong with this piece of crap?

The alignment was done at Chris Mullins in Glos using a hunter system. All tyres are virtually brand new, only 6000 miles. If I Gil the steering wheel rock steady the car drifts from left to right, on the motorway I'm continually correcting its direction, left and right. When I waggle the...
  4. What the hell is wrong with this piece of crap?

Bought a dsg cr170 supercopa before Christmas because of a back injury and driving was killing me. All seemed fine, but it pulled to the left slightly and the steering was never as sharp a the fr I part exchanged. Few months on and it's pulling to the left badly so I have it 4 wheel aligned...
  5. Armrest

Very easy to fit. I've had 3 Leon's and fitted my own armrest in each. Place it over the cup holders and drill the screws through. No need to pre-drill, the screws grab easy enough. Well worth the money if you drive any distances.
  6. DSG owners (petrol or diesel)

This is the one major thing I can't stand about my DSG. 6th at 40mph! Come on! The car sounds like it's labouring and grumbles like mad. And why is it that when the car is in D and in 6th at just under 40mph, when you switch to S it drops to 3rd then revs the nuts off the car? There's another...
  7. Saying bye to the leon

I've just swapped to a supercopa cr170 dsg and I can't ever see myself getting a manual ever again. Try both manual and auto but for me the driving experience has been increased. You can keep your hands on the wheel and just give it some. There are a few things that annoy though but these have...
  8. Fr supercopa lowering??

I'm interested in the outcome of this too. Ive got a supercopa also and I'm wondering about dropping it without affecting the comfort. One of the main things for me is the sloppy cornering of the supercopa. My wife has an vx line insignia with 19" wheels on and that corners better and drives...
  9. 2012 cr170 supercopa performance

You know, I was thinking this very same thing when I picked up my supercopa but I put it down to it being a dsg. Supercopa does seem a lot quieter and a bit softer too.
  10. Pictures Please... OEM Armrest (from all angles!)

Good on ya matey. If you can do stuff yourself then why pay extra. Me, I don't have the time so it's just easier buying it ready-made. I've got waxes that take time to apply and cure that I'd love to put on the car but working away and having 2 kids at the weekend means the best I can do I a...
  11. Pictures Please... OEM Armrest (from all angles!)

Mate, it might p you off but the official armrest is the best solution. You keep access to the cup holders for extra storage and you get the arm rest itself for even further storage. I wouldnt be without mine. save up and get the proper one, you won't regret it.
  12. DSG paddle extensions

I've just fitted some that I bought off eBay. £25 from Germany and they fit very well. It wasn't for the upward extension I wanted them for, they extend downwards by about an inch too. Is sooner have some ali ones but these will do for now. I've got a thread where I've listed them.
  13. Refurb wheels

Gunmetal definately. I'm going to get my spare set of Andromedas done in a metallic anthracite.
  14. Media 2.2 traffic reports

Reeto, cheers wbabbington matey.
  15. Media 2.2 traffic reports

Sorry to sound a bit thick on this mate but are you talking FM only or the DAB station too? Cheers.
  16. DSG & Supercopa questions

It might mean a new steering wheel and a recode? I've seen loads of em on eBay. Well worth it IMO as I always have the car is sport mode and change the gears slightly early but rely on the car changing down.
  17. Media 2.2 traffic reports

What I have noticed is that if the 2.2 reroutes you it only takes into account the first traffic problem and not the ones along the whole of the route. Like I said though, it's a good setup and I'd rather have it than not but for my needs it TomTom all the way.
  18. DSG & Supercopa questions

I know what you mean benjic2 but after trying and failing to swap the c-pillar on my first leon I vowed never to buy them again. Although, when the car is in for it's first service I might see if the dealers will fit them for me. Or I might just chav it up with some gloss black hammerite! ;-)
  19. DSG & Supercopa questions

Will do mate. I'll try to get some before and after but I'm currently hearing nothing but the rain beating down so it might all be a wash out. The armrest must be a newer sort, the material is all black and suits the interior spot on. I've had 4 so far and theyve all had red dots on them. I'm...
  20. Media 2.2 traffic reports

I have the same problem too mate. I do a lot of miles per week and have a TomTom with Live traffic updates and it is invaluable to me. Nearly always spot on, granted sometimes it gets things wrong but I wouldnt be without it. My TomTom subscription ran out and for a week I relied on the 2.2...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.