Search results

1. cookie1978

Stupid Stupid Screw!!! Trying to change Brake Discs

i just normally whack the hell out of the top of the screw, this usually shocks it enough and then screws out. Im a mecham=nic and change discs regular and never had to drill out.
  2. cookie1978

Post The Toledo's

Im looking to get rid of mine, in need of a change as i dont like the thought of pulling a caravan with my motor. Dam women i dont even like the idea of camping lol
  3. cookie1978

Post The Toledo's

more pics have been added to mine. Will have to do some more once its had a wash. Could do with some pics of the interior.
  4. cookie1978

Post The Toledo's

heres a pic of mine, has centre caps on now too. [/IMG] 1.8 20valve turbo, 19" wheels and induction kit with remap. Otherwise standard. Looking to sell. pm if interested. [/IMG]
  5. cookie1978

0 - 60 times..

Me either if around yorkshire. Ive got a remapped 20vt tolly but never done any 0-60 times using sat nav
  6. cookie1978

ABS, TCS, Seatbelt AND Engine Management LIGHTS ON, whats going on ??

id try disconnecting the battery for a while then reconnect to see if it resets. Mine did this and this is what i did to sort it.
  7. cookie1978

diagnostic plug location

Thanks for the fast reply.
  8. cookie1978

diagnostic plug location

Can anyone tell me where the diagnostic plug is on a leon cupra 03 plate?
  9. cookie1978

1.8 20v Advice And Opinions

I have a toledo 1.8 20vt on an 03 plate and its just done 100.000miles. It still drives spot on and handles well for a family car. I get around 30mpg on the work run going steady but can drop to 20mpg if late :D. On a run it gets a bit better and its about 36mpg ish depending on driving style...
  10. cookie1978

New Toledo wanted, 18 T maybe

ive got an 03 toledo 1.8t with 100,000 on the clock and has been looked after well. Was owned by lincolnshire police prior to me owning it. Ive recently had the gearbox done as i lost 1st n 2nd gear which is a known problem on the 6 speed box, while the box was out i had clutch done. Just gone...
  11. cookie1978

how low can toledos go???

As a mechanic thats trained and has qualifications id say your mad to remove the anti roll bar, if in an accident in this country then if you dont declare with the insurance company about removal then your insurance is void crash or no crash! The anti roll bar is there for a reason, to...
  12. cookie1978

Huddersfield SEAT

Must say i went to get a part the other day and actually came out with it, i could barely believe it after my last visit. Granted it took me nearly an hour to explain i wanted the part which you bleed the clutch with on a 1.8t 6 speed box, the bleed nipple thats on top of the gearbox...
  13. cookie1978

Speaker Fitting on Parcel Shelf

I have 6x9s in the rear but i bought some boxes designed for fitment of 6x9s. I screwed them to the shelf so i can take them out and theres no nasty holes left.
  14. cookie1978

Toledo alarm problem

Have you tried disconnecting the battery again to see if it resets itself?
  15. cookie1978

Tyres Again - Uniroyal Rainsport 2 Vs Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - Opinions?

It will have a yellow dot or white paint dot on the sidewall of the tyre, this must go in line to the tyres valve. This ensures that when its balanced it should balance using as little amount of balance weights as possible. Also check if its a directional tyre its on the right side of the car...
  16. cookie1978

toledo tcs/esp light flickering and battery drain

Have u tried disconnecting the battery to see if it resets itself. I ususally leave it off over night then reconnect in the morning n most things usually fix themselves. Sounds odd but most electrical things are. Worth a try in my opinion.
  17. cookie1978

Jacking up a lowered car?

I use the trolley jack but dont jack it on the sills, i jack it on the chassis near to where the wishbones mount. Lifts it high enough to get on my stands. :D
  18. cookie1978

Huddersfield SEAT

I hope they have pulled their socks up too, i live less than a mile away too. Trying to get parts out of them is even hard work, a simple leon cupra r splitter shouldnt have caused me so much stress and to make it worse i walked out without one. This was 8 months or so ago, ive been reluctant...
  19. cookie1978

Cambelt Change Due - Anyone Know Anyone Decent in Leeds Area?

I took mine to park garage in halifax. Excellent old school mechanics that take pride in their work. I wouldnt take my car anywhere else. They charged me 350 quid that included water pump.
  20. cookie1978

sound system

Id say take it to a shop if u dont know what your doing. Its obvious u havnt read any info and then expect people to help you. Maybe if you didnt type in text talk most people would understand the question u were asking.