Search results

1. 8 years ownership comes to an end

So after 7 years and 11 months owning the same Dec2007 Seat Leon 2.0 TDI Stylance some lorry driving **** managed to smash the back of his trailer into my front wing (while it was parked up) and didn't even leave a love note. Insurance company have wrote her off. It's been nothing but love...
  2. Operation Sound Proofing :)

Road noise is my biggest gripe with the car as its is shocking unless on nice new flat roads, I would seriously consider doing this but front tyres are the main culprits so would like to know where best to fit this for reducing noise that eminate from them.
  3. Mayo on dipstick & in oil filler neck/on cap ( CDLA engine )

Got a local mechanic (who did my service and timing belt last year) to do a service (just oil, filter and flush) and rear pads last month, £91 for the lot including parts, £40 was labour. Always have a bit of oil left over so I reckon its about 4 - 4.5 litres to fill it up. I checked it every...
  4. Leon 2.0 16v starting

Not sure its a fault but mine kicks in straight away, I never use the right pedal to start it, I just make sure glow plug light goes off before I turn the key (well usually I do).
  5. Removing HEKO wind deflectors today.

They do look good but now I've removed them the noise is down and windows open/close without grating especially when dirty (most of the time at this time of year).
  6. Removing HEKO wind deflectors today.

Had them on about a year and they were brilliant when I smoked but I have long since stopped (vaping instead) and I am convinced they not only make more noise on top of the road noise but ever since I had them fitted my mpg dropped slightly. I can't be 100% sure as I had a new timing belt...
  7. Is 38 MPG normal for 2.0 TDI (140 bhp)?

I'm averaging 38 atm but I do deliveries on a daily basis and a 4 mile round trip might have 5 drops and several lights and junctions. Alternatively I can set off from cold and do a 4 mile round trip to the skip with minimal lights/stops and get 45- 50. Yesterday driving 25 miles...
  8. Monkey proof!

I've seen cars wrecked on these trips, I'd recommend the bus tour (if they have one) unless you are good at buffing out scratches and replacing every bit of breakable trim. They also **** all over.
  9. Bonnet bra's

Last time I looked at them I read that they shouold not be used in the wet! So great for a summer car! No problem on facelift as far as I know.
  10. advice

So you've either made a lot of **** decisions or very few decisions? :rofl: I took a photo of my milage before mine went in and was the same when I picked it up but it isn't a FR or Cupra so why would they take it for a spin anyway. Depending on damage I would check the space between...
  11. Condensation / Water inside the car

After 3 days of being stood I went out in mine yesterday, windscreen was soaking on the inside, I always use a microfibre to mop it up and another to clean it dry, was fine this morning.
  12. good riddens

Bit defensive some people! Hope you enjoy the VW mate, plumber I know has one (panel version) and has been loving it (said in a McD's stylie).
  13. Selling up what to get next ?

an older m5
  14. Goodbye Leon, hello......Alfa 159!

That garage door is shocking, clashes with the lovely car (probably with any car), pillar box red is my recommendation.
  15. M.o.t.

Last Friday I had the car's 3rd M.O.T. (£30 online booking Kwik Fit). Went straight through with no issues for the 3rd year running. Had the car 4 years from 1 year old, done about 35K and haven't spent a penny on it beside the fuel tank seal (long story) except servicing, timing belt, tyres...
  16. Trip computer lying!

I walk to work as its about 10 metres away, in fact I have to walk further from my back door to the front gate than the front gate to work. Costs me 50p to pull car out and park up ready for when I need it though :D
  17. Problem with AUX input

took mine out with a screwdriver but did leave a tiny bit of damage that I don't notice, bought replacement of Dave at Sere, £20 if memory serves. EDIT - I think I sent in from the side but the "clips" (bevel on the socket) were top and bottom (I THINK) and if I'd known would have taken console...
  18. Fitting Wind Deflectors

2 clips in front, 1 clip in back and no problems are several months. Front windows sometimes groan a bit when shutting and auto reopen when closing but they did that before.
  19. Seatbelt problem

I unplugged mine, its under the flap of carpet under the front right hand side of the seat once you slide it back. There are 2 plugs, I can't recall which onebut it seemed obvious at the time but I'd had my head under the seat looking at the wires first.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.