Search results

1. HotHatchSteve

Mirrors not always folding in

Mine have done this every so often ever since I had the car. What I found like above open windows with remote a bit first then close and fold mirrors will work. What I tracked it down to was the button on the drivers door that isolates the back windows. Press it then press it again to put It on...
  2. HotHatchSteve

Problems with misting on 9 month old S Copa - now ice inside windscreen.

Try turning the AC off and just having warm air blowing through the car before you get out. If the AC is coming on it will put moisture out.
  3. HotHatchSteve

Speedo abd revs not working!! :(

Have you had anyone work on the car lately? Do you know anyone with VCDS ? It might help with locating the fault. Mine had a new aerial fitted but before the fault showed up a month had passed.
  4. HotHatchSteve

Speedo abd revs not working!! :(

Have you got any warning lights on the dash as well? When my speedo and rev counter stopped working I had lots of warning lights and it ended up being a loose earth on a control module in the boot.
  5. HotHatchSteve

VAG-COM got fried

It will be the cable firmware that has been altered when it connected to the internet, nothing to do with the software. This is the downside of not having the official ross tech version. Unless you can find the firmware and software for reprogramming the lead you will need a new one.
  6. HotHatchSteve

No bluetooth audio streaming. Who's the culprit?

If remember correctly its only the 315 media system 2.2 that allows music streaming. Definitely the media system 2.0 (310) doesent have it.
  7. HotHatchSteve

BTCC/Aero front bumper damaged

Sorry to hear about the damage. The front bumpers off the FL will not fit pre FL, the head lights are different. Same goes for the K1 (Aero) front bumper, there are 2 different part numbers.
  8. HotHatchSteve

Odd seatbelt adjustment problem

It does sound like the wrong part has been fitted. Mine is a FL and they sit below centre console height. You could do with finding out if it is correct becasuse it is part of SRS system with the air bag.
  9. HotHatchSteve

Odd seatbelt adjustment problem

I'm 6' 7" and the seat is all but all the way back and the seat belt fits fine. The part on the seat that the belt fits to should be the same length on both seats. Mine are both short. Could it be the seat belt pretensioners have been triggered and the wrong part fitted?
  10. HotHatchSteve

Jacking points & Axle stands

Didnt you get a piece of wood and put a V into to go between the jack and car to stop it bending the lip?
  11. HotHatchSteve

Jacking points & Axle stands

I've used my trolley jack on the sill jacking point, just make a v in a piece of wood to fit the lip on the sill then put your stands under the sub frame. Like said don't use the wishbones. Have a look at this thread on vwvortex. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4063908
  12. HotHatchSteve

Car mats

I would go for genuine Seat ones, try get them thrown in becasuse they are about £50.
  13. HotHatchSteve

Spare key doesn't work!!!!

Just been out to check mine and the spare key unlocks the car no problem. I do remember reading about the anti pick and the spinning lock so it does seem like the wrong spare key.
  14. HotHatchSteve

Fogs as DRLs

Seems to depend on what area or if they are having a clamp down, same with number plate spacing and font type.
  15. HotHatchSteve

Fogs as DRLs

I'll try get some done tomorrow.
  16. HotHatchSteve

Fogs as DRLs

90%, still makes enough difference between normal fogs and DRL mode.
  17. HotHatchSteve

Fogs as DRLs

I'm don't know about the pre facelift, the only other thing that has to be changed is all the side lights come on as well by default.
  18. HotHatchSteve

Fogs as DRLs

Go for it, I've had mine done for ages (waiting for the abuse) like you said you can adjust the output, I think they are set at 72% by default. One thing for sure, badly fitted / aligned HIDs and some none standard bulbs are way worse.
  19. HotHatchSteve

DRL mod on facelift Leon?

You can enable the head lights or fog lights on a facelift via VCDS. The tricky bit comes when changing the region for the lights so that the side lights are not on all the time.The code value for the byte that controls this is usually hidden.
  20. HotHatchSteve

hi how many lumina orange fr's are on the road ?

There's a couple of them in Stoke on Trent.