Search results

1. silverfox

Fault Code Help Please?! FR PD170

I sympathise with you mate. I owned my PD170 FR from new and loved it for 2 1/2 years then the problems started - injectors, wiring loom, DPF, ECU, turbo etc etc. Turned out to be a nightmare of a car. Yes, Seat forked out for some of the problems (and so they should!) but that's not the...
  2. silverfox

New Injector problem

Just realised I never updated this thread at the time but may be useful to someone now. My injector failure was pretty catastrophic - needed 4 new injectors, new wiring loom and a new ECU! Plus, after multiple garages trying to resolve it and loads of starting/stopping the engine to test...
  3. silverfox

New Injector problem

I doubt this is injectors related. Th (common) injectors problems seems to only affect PD170 engines and in my case was a total sudden failure, as opposed to misfiring etc. Could it be EGR valve related? Someone more knowledgable than me will probably comment soon......
  4. silverfox

Farewell Seat.

On a kind of side note. I'll tell you the really creepy thing about this car. After trading my Leon in for it, I was looking through the documents that came with the Mazda and I discovered the date of first registration was my birthday!! A sign or what?
  5. silverfox

Farewell Seat.

Just the one picture taken so far. :)
  6. silverfox

Farewell Seat.

After almost 10 years of owning Seat cars, I'm no longer wearing the 'S' badge. Kind of sad but it was time to move to something different and loads of problems with the PD170 engine has kind of put me off owning another VAG car (for now at least). Over the years, i've owned a MK2 Ibiza 2.0 8v...
  7. silverfox

STOP, Oil Pressure

Thankfully, i got my car back yesterday with a bill of only £80 for replacing an oil pressure sensor. Phew!
  8. silverfox

STOP, Oil Pressure

fingers crossed you are right!
  9. silverfox

STOP, Oil Pressure

...I'm really hoping this is not the case. Would the engine not sound a bit rough if oil pump had failed?
  10. silverfox

STOP, Oil Pressure

Got this error message on dash of my 57 FR TDi yesterday. It's a BMN engine. Oil level is ok and engine still runs and sounds/feels fine. Obviously I stopped and parked it up as soon as i could and it's booked into garage tomorrow so won't be driving it before then. Just hoping it's...
  11. silverfox

Condensation in headlight

...apparently these little silica gel sachets you get in new shoeboxes and other packaging will sort out condensation problems in headlights. I've never tried it mind but worth a bash.
  12. silverfox

Hey everyone how many of my MK2 Leons are still about on here

Feel free to blow that trumpet of yours. I was most impressed by the service i received and nobody could match your price at the time. Was well worth the cost of a £30 Easyjet ticket and a day of travelling!
  13. silverfox

Not many salesmen offer a taxi service from the Airport. What are you up to these days mate?
  14. silverfox

Irfan, I think I may hold the record for the customer who travelled the furthest to take advantage of your good deals! I travelled 600 miles down to M1 Autos from Isle of Lewis to pick up my 57 plate FR TDi. Still driving it today, 60k miles later.
  15. silverfox

18" tyres??

I had Conti Sport Contact 3 all round for about a year and found them very good, but quite expensive. Thought i would try something a little cheaper when the fronts became worn so opted for a pair of Hankook Ventus V12 Evo. I really can't fault them in wet or dry on twisty country roads...
  16. silverfox

Mirror covers

Nah, don't wrap the mirrors. You won't see anything behind you then. :hide:
  17. silverfox

Light on Dash

i've had this a few times on the rear lights. Scrape/Clean the contacts in the bulb housing with a knife/screwdriver as they can become slightly corroded.
  18. silverfox

SEAT Leon GT

anyone seen pictures of the new leon? Could well be based on the 'new' Leon........[B)]
  19. silverfox

So I miss my K1

You're not mad. The RS4 is a stunning car and I'd have to say, I'd have one tomorrow if I could afford it. But if it's going to cost an arm and a leg to run the thing then obviously it's going to have to feel very very special to justify the costs. If money was no object, i'd stick with the...
  20. silverfox

Need help with fitting mud flaps

:shrug: what can i say? He's the boss i guess.