Search results

1. jamjar

DRL bulb holders replaced.

Had a phone call from my Seat dealer, they are replacing the DRL bulb holders & asked me to come in for that. Went in yesterday, while you wait job took 30 mins for both holders to be replaced. Got a 59 plate. Had not heard of this problem on this forum from anyone else?
  2. jamjar

brake pedal bearing recall - anyone heard of it?

O.K , didn't know that. Apart from the fact that with the belt there is more chance of it breaking putting the engine at risk, is there any other issues that diffrentiates the belt driven v/s chain driven?
  3. jamjar

I have the 1.6SE (Petrol DSG). The cambelt change is not at 40k service as I have already had that service at a SEAT dealership. Not sure at what mileage that is due, I am sure someone on this forum will know.
  4. jamjar

On 43k now. Must be more people on higher mileage & would be interesting to hear from people who have done higher mileage & if they have experienced any problems on higher mileages.
  5. jamjar

Factory Order Time

3 months on mine as well.
  6. jamjar

Warranty Extension

The engine, gearbox (if DSG) are way in excess of £1000!!!!!!!!!
  7. jamjar

My first breakdown in a SEAT

I have owned SEAT's for the last 12 years and had my first breakdown in a SEAT. Driving home from work, I noticed the alternator fault light come on and shortly after that as I was approaching a set of traffic lights the engine oil pressure light came on. As I stopped at the lights, the engine...
  8. jamjar

Finally got my boc ;D

On 3 door cars, one reverse light & one fog light. On 5 door cars two reverse & two fog lights.
  9. jamjar

DSG reliability ?

33,000 miles no problem.
  10. jamjar

Cupra tyres from new?

Yeps, agree. I changed my front tyres at just over 30,000 miles.
  11. jamjar

Cupra tyres from new?

Hi, Bridgestones are better than Pirellis so I wouldn't worry.
  12. jamjar

One hour left :)

All Mk.5 cars with 3 doors have one fog light & one reversing light only while 5 door cars have two of each.
  13. jamjar

Ibiza SC Copa Model.

Seat are currently advertising the "limited edition" Leon Copa on T.V at the moment.
  14. jamjar

New Tyre price?

Hi, Just over 30,000 miles now, soon coming up to repacing the front tyres at £100 each, ouch!!!
  15. jamjar

New Tyre price?

Thanks for your replies. Looks like I'll have to spend about £100 per tyre!!!!
  16. jamjar

New Tyre price?

Hi, anyone replaced their tyres recently? I have 215 45 R16 H on my Mk.5 Ibiza & was wondering what sort of prices people have paid? Online search on places like Kwik Fit & Halfords are showing a cheapest price of over £100 for each tyre, seems kind of expensive. Any suggestions?
  17. jamjar

confirmation of order

Hi, Don't know about confirmation of build date but my delivery was about 12 weeks after placing the order.
  18. jamjar

Centre Arm Rest

Hi, I had mine as a factory fit option & being a DSG don't have to worry about gear changes like in a manual so once the arm rest is in place not lifted till I end my journey. I use mine everyday & no regrets in getting it. You loose the rear cup holder as that is where the arm rest is...
  19. jamjar

Grrr so unreliable!!!

+1 23,000 miles on a 59 plate & no issues yet. Loving the car & enjoying it more than my previous car which was a Mk.4 which incidently I had for just over 3 years & 65,000 miles with no issues either.