Search results

1. After lowering your car help

Neg camber (wheels lent in at the top) will give you more grip in the corners up to a point, but will scrub the inside of the tyres. Too much and you will loose grip and the car will tramline like a goodun. If there is adjustment on the rear suspension I would be amazed, most modern hatches...
  2. Ibiza Cupra MK3 MPG

Someone who loves the sight of the garage forecourt? :cartman:
  3. Alloy Refurb

Anthracite looks good on dark cars as does black. I might get mine done in black as I have some spares....
  4. cupra dv's

Do a search, but its down to the MAF, you can't run an atmos DV
  5. my powder coated intercooler :-)

Yep powdercoat is about 5x thicker than paint and its also a much better insulator being essentially a layer of plastic coating. When you are dependant on thermal transfer the worst thing you can do is put a layer of insulation between the 2 mediums (aluminium and air) Painting it wouldnt...
  6. my powder coated intercooler :-)

Looks smart no doubt, but its not a particulary great thing to do if you want the best efficiency from your intercooler....
  7. Tell tail signs of wheel bearings...

I am having the same problem at the moment on my Fr TDi slight humming and vibration when turning gently left at 30mph+ Cant feel any play in the wheel when jacked up. Looks like a call to local dealer is in order tomorrow morning and try and get it changed this week. Definately getting...
  8. Gearbox or clutch issues

They reckon it takes 25 miles for everything to warm up and most of my journeys are 17 miles so it could just be as simple as everything is so cold at the moment. This only started happening when we had all the snow before xmas too, so it could be temp related. I'll change the oil this weekend...
  9. Gearbox or clutch issues

After some reading I am going to try swapping the gearbox oil to the VW recommended spec. I dont know what it has in at the moment, previous owner may have changed it to the Redline stuff which I know is bad in cold weather. I did about 200miles this weekend, all trouble free, but mostly long...
  10. Gearbox or clutch issues

My 05 plate Leon FR TDi has an intermittent issue somewhere with the gearbox/clutch and I am wondering if anyone else has had similar problems... This has been ongoing for the past 3 months...the car has done 53k miles. Occasionally when you dip the clutch the gearbox will crunch going into...
  11. Clutch troubles?

No one?
  12. Clutch troubles?

Noticed on my Leon today that its sometimes tricky to get it into gear, almost as if the clutch isnt fully disengaging. Is an FR TDi 150, chipped to ~180bhp. 6 speed box. The car has done about 52k miles, so I would have thought the clutch would have lasted longer. Its done it quite...
  13. Engine bay and interior cleaning

Liquid leather is the stuff to use on leather seats. They can colour match any leather. They also do some very good feeds http://www.liquidleather.com/ I have used it to restore seats in several cassics now and they come up brilliantly. Time consuming though. The best thing to do is call them...
  14. Much Happier!! :)

Very interesting, keep us up to date on progress as I may try something similar with mine :)
  15. Whats the best bass (but not chavy) songs to get the most out of my sub?

Mortiis - Underdog (Zombie Girl Remix) from the Grudge remixes album.... If your stereo can pull that off without losing the detail in the mids and bass then you are on a winner. FWIW - and its only my opinion - people put too much emphasis on bass and not enough on quality. I am a bit of...
  16. Whats the best bass (but not chavy) songs to get the most out of my sub?

Whats with all the hip-hop? lol Nightwish - Master Passion Greed or The Poet and The Pendulum or Sahara (some proper good deep bass from drums and the orchestra in this one).... That'll make your car shake.....
  17. Car Audio Direct £7 Discount (www.caraudiodirect.co.uk)

Code doesnt work any more FWIW. David :)
  18. My new Leon FR+ TDI

Yep theres a short list of jobs to do. 2 x new FR badges Straighten the rear number plate (will drive me nuts :) ) Have a good clean in the engine bay Have the wheels off and give them a polish Polish the exhaust tips Touch up the odd stone chips Sort the door laquer Once all thats done it...
  19. My new Leon FR+ TDI

Picked up my new car yesterday from Funkyfin2000. Spent all day today cleaning and polishing, clay bared, three stepped and jetsealed. Damned quick too! Quicker than my old Mini Cooper S at least in the mid-range without a doubt! Got all the toys on plus a few nice little extras too...
  20. Newbie status updating?

:( still not updated Oh well