Search results

1. 1.4TSI 1/4 Mile leaderboard

Why has this thread not been updated? Someone must have gone quicker by now!
  2. 1.2tsi FR Turbo fault

I had a bill for a 5K engine rebuild at 13,000 miles, I now drive a Saab
  3. 0-100mph times

Mine was GPS timed by REDLINE magazine at 13.1 sec to 100mph with a passenger and 1/2 tank of fuel on a cold damp day on Bruntingthorpe 2 mile runway.
  4. Lucifer's ultimate guide: 1.4tsi fundamental problems

Good stuff mate, my rad OK at 5 years but I change coolant every year - 2L G12+ and distilled water. I change oil every 3,000 miles. Mine does not like sitting in traffic, I try to avoid this. Forged pistons OK after 32,000 miles. Running REVO stage 1 now but with big intercooler. VW/SEAT had no...
  5. Increasing HP

My Arosa 1.4 16V had over 100bhp and ran a 16.4 second 1/4 mile. I guess it had different cams/ECU as it was the Sport model, it had filter/exhaust and a custom map with 7,000rpm rev limit. Sweet engine.
  6. Cupra - Yay, or Nay

I have custom one box exhaust ending in one pipe, maybe buy my car, ha ha.
  7. Cupra - Yay, or Nay

Car is modified/lightened. I should have bought a Golf GTi as engine/box stronger, but then I wouldn't have had the experiences I have had. See 'REVO Ibiza Cupra MK5 @ Castle Combe' on youtube.
  8. Cupra - Yay, or Nay

My Cupra normally returns 40 - 46mpg on 16mile trip to work, max 52mpg one day stuck behind slow lorry. It has recorded a 0 to 60 time under 5 seconds and 13 sec to 100mph. I don't miss the clutch, I never drive in auto - S or D, only + -. I never switch off the traction control and never let it...
  9. Cupra Coilovers

i use and recommend KW, coilovers may look similar but you pay for the dampers and build quality.
  10. Seat Ibiza Bocenegra

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.........never mind. :(
  11. Plumbing in a catch can 1.4 Tsi

ask on 'team boc' facebook group
  12. Upgrading from a Cupra - Advice?

The best 993 you can find, advantage being no deprecation and the last of the real 911s. (I have driven them)
  13. ibiza salvage air bag question 6j

also need new front belts as pretensioners will have fired
  14. 2 month old tyres

superglue works
  15. Anywhere else to get seat accessories copys?

Why not photocopy the ones you like and staple them on inside your car.
  16. Turbo Timer

it doesn't need one because an electric water pump continues to cool it after you switch off.
  17. This seems like a great idea!

The 4.99 time was set on a loose concrete surface running uphill at Brungingthorpe runway. The air filter didn't hold it back. Green filter used is said to flow enough air for an engine of up to 400bhp. Cost was under £100 for project inc filter + custom s/steel mount needed for filter.
  18. This seems like a great idea!

I have removed some plastic parts that restricted the airflow to airbox. this has to be done with front bumper off. works as it ran a 4.99 0 to 60mph. this is something you have to look at yourself to understand.