Search results

1. Buying FR TDI

doesnt anything from the bottom of tank get raked up when you let it get so low on diesel? or is that just older cars?
  2. I take it back about my MPG!

Well, I have moaned about the MPG lots of times on my 1.6tdi! Anyway i found the reset switch on my stalk column and held it in for a while and hay presto! it seemed to reset the MPG. Anyway I set off and soon it was showing 68 mpg at a steady 50 mph for 20 miles! Very pleased now! Sorry to all...
  3. Buying FR TDI

My 1.6tdi has only ever once done over 60mpg and that was today going 40mpg on a steady run , with the lightest foot in the world. Realistically, i didnt get this car to pootle about doing 30 or 40 on a motorway or duel carriageway! My car has had plenty of run in time its done 13,000 miles and...
  4. Buying FR TDI

CANNONMAN - you cant half tell you work for a dealership! You over inflated the mpg of the 1.6tdi which i have and only just push 50 mpg, and now you seem to be saying this bigger engine than my 1.6tdi can do a lot more mpg?????? Pipe and dreams spring to mind! :D:D:D
  5. Ibiza 1.6TDI CR - Mini Review

Very good review mate. The only things i would say about mine was it is a bit crashy over bumps and I agree you have to change down quite a lot to pull away quickly. Other than that lovely car! Wish I had the 2l tdi FR - grrrr
  6. All DPF Owners

Exactly the same as me - well i dont do 25 miles to clear it lol. It is alright buying this car for economy but you waste a load fannying about trying to unblock the filter by driving extra miles and going out of your way to clear it! What if you live in the midle of a busy city and cant...
  7. All DPF Owners

Adam R - do you have a 1.6tdi? just out of interest!
  8. All DPF Owners

Personallyi think its ridiculous, I dont need the facts on DPF filters, I now know the basic set up and thats all most people will want to know. I was not told about DPF when buying or after by the garage so being told I shouldnt do short trips is ludicrous! I bought my car for economy, looks...
  9. Can't see MPG improving with mileage.

your just showing off lol :p
  10. DPF light

I read the link at the top of the screen about dpf filters and it fitted with what my car does.. Cant describe it too much you need to read it for yourself to get a better picture. When regenerating,I generally find the car revs at just under 1000 rpm and feels a bit lumpy as tho it might stall...
  11. All DPF Owners

12. All DPF Owners

MINE CAME ON AGAIN TODAY SO MAKE THAT 6 TIMES LOL! 3rd gear 2500 revs defo best for quick clearance of the filter!
  13. DPF light

Bloody hell, i said my light has come on 5 times, make that 6 now! just came on today! knew it would cos it was trying to regenerate last night and i was doing a lot of short stops and engine off! Actually found going 2500 revs in 3rd gear put it out much easier than normal, it never seems to go...
  14. Can't see MPG improving with mileage.

i have covered 11500 miles and mine very rarely breaks into the 50's on 25 mile runs. It only just starts to get into the 50's when i get there, and can take ages to get out of the early 40's. Not what i expected from the 1.6tdi
  15. Anybody got an new FR TDI yet?

they have a lumina orange FR sat, with a bunch of others waiting for the new dealership to opening near me in Lincoln. Didnt think id like the orange but it looks really nice up close
  16. DPF light

agreed!
  17. DPF Info - All CR-TDI Owners Should Read This

thanks, an interesting read.
  18. All DPF Owners

It looks like only a few people have had problems so far! which you know seat will just say its our "driving style" and not the car! You can see that coming a mile off!
  19. All DPF Owners

Paul: 11500 miles, light been on 5 times and its a pain to take it on a long undisturbed route to turn it off!
  20. Bocanegra returned less than 5 minutes after leaving the stealers! UPDATE: 07/06/10

I love white, not sure i would want the red if it was me! sorry just personal taste :)
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members