Search results

1. Costly broken ST parcel shelf pins

You would be wasting your time taking it back to Seat Coventry anyway. After the inevitable two visits, they would just feed you the 'it's a characteristic sir' line and expect you to swallow it.
  2. Ibiza mk5 1.6 CR TDi - power and fuel economy issue?

I agree about the dpf regen, however the rest of this statement is incorrect. Have covered a total of 180,000 miles in an Ibiza, Golf and Leon, all with the 1.6 Tdi cr engine and not had any issues what so ever to do with supermarket fuel. My Golf did 130,000 miles on the cheap stuff, and is...
  3. Seat Customer service - Complaints

This is so true. I never believe the 'Factory trained technicians' line spewed by car dealerships. Trained at what factory, where? Unless there's a fault code, or fluid visibly leaking out, good luck. I generally used to speak quite highly about my local Seat dealer, but in the 7 months I had my...
  4. Sun blind mirror lights

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. To be fair to my local dealers, they have normally been pretty good so can't complain too much. Will give them the car back for another go. :rolleyes:
  5. Sun blind mirror lights

No, the vanity mirror lights illuminate regardless of the headlights being on or off. The sliding cover over the mirror has no effect. The light comes on as soon as you start to lower the blind.
  6. Sun blind mirror lights

Can I ask people on here to comment on this. On both of the sun blinds on my Leon, the lamp illuminates when the blind is swung down from its home position regardless of whether the window covering the mirror is open or closed. The lamp will only switch off if the blind is pushed fully towards...
  7. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

I guess it will depend how comparable the part ex values would be when your friend changes his Audi for something else in the future. I suspect his initial outlay will result in a much better future value. For me personally, I feel the car is a let down. One saving grace for my Leon is the...
  8. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

As I mentioned, I am on my third Seat, and they have all been rattle boxes that got progressively worse with mileage. I read the reviews of the MK3 and was impressed by what the reviewers said, but it has to be remembered that most reviews are done on very low mileage cars. Mistakenly I believed...
  9. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

Let me just put my 2c in here. My previous car was a MK6 Golf, and I drove that for 115,000 miles. It didn't have any significant rattles or squeaks and the interior quality was excellent. A couple of months ago I swapped it for a used 63 reg MK3 Leon which, I have to admit I think is a very...
  10. 1.6 tdi mpg = rubbish!!

Tell you what, I know its a different car, but have just driven back from Burnley in my golf 1.6tdi, a journey of 140 miles at speeds of around 70 ish (on my sat nav) and the average mpg was 62 mpg. To get the same in my Ibiza I would have had to do around 60 mph for most of the journey. I have...
  11. DPF When are they going to get it sorted?

The dpf system doesn't seem to be a problem if you do reasonable mileage, but it does annoy somewhat when you do a 100 mile motorway journey and just down the road its starts to do a regen. What they need is an indicator that shows the dpf saturation level, and a manual switch that the driver...
  12. DPF When are they going to get it sorted?

Had my 1.6Tdi for about 20 months, and hated the dpf issues, The idling was lumpy when it was doing a regen and the oil level went up. Had my car serviced by not so local garage for the first service as they were £100 cheaper and when I got home I checked the oil level as a matter of course...
  13. ECU update for oil usage

It won't be long and these dealers will have supposed software upgrades for worn tyres, clutches and brakes. I think that some of the people on here with oil burning issues will soon have to accept that this is a fault with many of these engines, and seat just can't be arsed to do anything about...
  14. Changes in ECU update 8811 for 1.6 TDI

That does sound a bit low, what kind of speeds are you driving at on the dual carriageways? By comparison, if I want to get 60mpg or above in my car, I need to drive at about 60mph and the average mpg will slowly rise up, but can take 40 ish miles before the average is at 60 (depending on the...
  15. Changes in ECU update 8811 for 1.6 TDI

I will ask when I take it in for service, but I suspect that like with most things SEAT, if there is no fault code, they can't do anything. Regarding your mpg, what do you get? what kind of driving do you do?
  16. Changes in ECU update 8811 for 1.6 TDI

I had an Octavia with the 1.6 tdi engine and did about 2000 miles in it mostly round the town driving. I never once noticed it doing a regen and even being a bigger car it returned better mpg and definitely accelerated better. The gear ratios seem to be about the same as my Ibiza. I wonder if...
  17. Changes in ECU update 8811 for 1.6 TDI

Am interested to hear about other people having issues with the lumpy tickover on their Ibizas. My 1.6 Tdi was fine for ages when doing a regen (well as fine as a complete f&ck up of a system can be anyway). Whenever I came to a set of traffic lights it would shudder for a couple of seconds and...
  18. Just traded my leon in and got a 1.6 tdi ibiza

Had my 1.6tdi since sept 09 and only used it for short journeys so never got decent mpg out of it, in fact, during the winter when it was cold it was drinking the fuel. Recently have changed jobs and am using the car to do about 600 miles per week and am getting an average of 60mpg out of it...
  19. Fitting Bluetooth

Got to fit my parrot to mine in the next couple of days. How come you took a supply from the power socket, does the standard loom not supply both permanent live and switched live?
  20. 1.6 TDi CR Engine Idle Speed

I believe that if the engine is not up to temp and you have the heater switched on, it will keep the tickover at 1000rpm until the engine temp reaches the correct level. Just a quick one for you dpf peeps, it seem to me that the car won't do a regen if the fuel light is on. And if the dpf light...