Search results

1. JR750

Help - car sounds unhealthy!!

Got the belt, waterpump, clutch & flywheel replaced and all is now OK :D Apparently the flywheel was a right mess..
  2. JR750

'Better Quality' Flywheel?

Was looking at getting an Astra before opting for the FR.. decided I wouldn't risk getting an Astra as there were reviews everywhere saying the DMF's on them were crap! Are all DMF's in general crap then? What causes a DMF to go bad? Is it stop/start?
  3. JR750

FR TDi
  4. JR750

Hi, Need to get my flywheel replaced. Wondering if there is a better quality one available, are the standard ones failing a common issue? Don't fancy a bill a few years down the line! Is there a better one out there?
  5. JR750

Flywheel & Clutch replacement cost?

Any ideas what it will cost to replace these, just been given the bad news that I need a new flywheel :(
  6. JR750

Mechanic seems to think it was the fuel, said he could smell some petrol in the filter of something!! Is that common? Could the V-power have been contaminated with some petrol? I am 99% sure it was the V-power diesel I put in.. I remember being pissed off that I had queued so long and that was...
  7. JR750

Yeah.. just found it odd that it happened about half an hour after I'd put some of that V-power in. Fingers crossed it's not a timing belt issue.. bit worried as it is due soon (mileage is 45k). We'll see what they find anyway.. got my little go-kart 107 to get me around for now :lol:
  8. JR750

Might be worth mentioning also.. I used the more expensive diesel on my journey home. Not by choice, but because I had queued for so long and the pump only had the 'V-power' diesel that costs £1.45 / litre. Would this have any effect on the injectors or something? Took it to a mechanic this...
  9. JR750

F*k, do I need to get a mortgage? :cry:
  10. JR750

Just done 300 miles today, car was fine.. no problems until about 10 miles from home I noticed a strange spinning/ticking sound coming from the engine area. It would get louder if i reved and drop off if I slowed down. Haven't heard it before.. it appears to be coming from the bottom driver side...
  11. JR750

Scraping noise - turbo

There is no scraping noise if I rev the engine with the clutch depressed - does that rule out the turbo or does the turbo not activate if the clutch is depressed? My mechanic is going to have a look at it anyway, said it could be something as simple as a stone stuck in the brakes.
  12. JR750

Where in wales are you from / Local Area Meets

Put me down as Anglesey Cheers
  13. JR750

Haynes Manual Ibiza Mk4

Just bought one on ebay yesterday.. saw it in halfords too.
  14. JR750

Lumpy idle - FR TDi

I'll probably just ignore it then... thought it may have been just mine. Thanks for the info!
  15. JR750

Lumpy idle - FR TDi

When my car is idle it tends to be a bit lumpy, shudders a bit. If I rev the engine it stops doing it. Is it normal to be like that when idle?
  16. JR750

Scraping noise - turbo

FR Diesel.
  17. JR750

Scraping noise - turbo

At around 1800-2000 revs where the turbo comes on.. I get a noise that sounds like either metallic scraping or a big air leak. Sick turbo?
  18. JR750

Tinted windows - insurance

I sometimes get headaches on long journeys when it's sunny like today, am I right in saying that tinting the front windows slightly can help prevent this by reducing the glare & heat coming in? If it does, then I'd want to slightly tint the front windows too. A slight tint at the front and then...
  19. JR750

And are the windows slightly tinted already on an FR?
  20. JR750

All round tints, but darker at the back and a light tint at the front. I'll have a word with AdrianFlux just in case.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members