Search results

1. Difference between 1.4, 73bhp Ibiza, and 1.4, 98bhp Ibiza

From recollection the cam is also different.
  2. What is best induction kit

As said, for best flow just get a decent panel. If you want more noise, Ramair make a decent induction cone/heatshield setup, I'm runnning one currently...no power gain just noise, lost a bit mpg. I may go back to my airbox and a cotton panel.
  3. suspension is in dire need of changing

Probably worth checking the bushes over in the rear axle and control arms too, I used Superpro in mine but they're quite hard and expensive and if you're after comfort probably top quality standard items would be better (and cheaper), like Febi or Meyle... My engine mounts were shot at around...
  4. Boost problem please help? 1.8T

I would plug it in and see if it's giving any error codes...I've had similar problems that have ranged from dodgy MAP sensors, knackered N75 through to knackered coilpacks and boost leaks.
  5. mk4 ibiza double din?

I haven't a photo but if you slide the unit out, and feel with your hands where the centre would have been between the two single DIN sections, on each side there's a supporting bit of plastic... I didn't cut mine I just got some sand paper and smoothed it down. It's also worth mentioning for...
  6. worried about my mpg, around 32mpg!

As above, is that around town or motorway mileage? Man I'd kill for 32mpg around town, I get sub-25mpg lol
  7. 2006 Ibiza fr 1.8 20vt running issues

Need to get it scanned for codes really, there are quite a few things that can cause this.
  8. Which door lock do I need?

Drivers door not turning light on is generally the plastic cam worn in the door that lets the car know the door is open. Search on here as it’s a common problem and there are guides to fix on Here.
  9. Custom Mk4 golf gti exhaust to fit ibiza fr 1.8t?

To my knowledge no, different platforms. Ibiza and polo share platform, Leon and golf share platform.
  10. Ibiza 1.4 16v BBZ high oil consumption

Check the breather hose is ok.. I know on a lupo with similar engine it was leaking out
  11. Chino's Ibiza FR 20VT - 7.5 years on...

Right, Ramair is on, makes cleaning the filter a lot easier, now I don't have to take the strut brace off to do so. I'm quite enjoying making lots of childish choo-choo noises with the DV etc too hah my engine bay needs a clean and my forge oil filler cap needs to go back on, but here it is:
  12. FR 1.8t Steering wheel is not stiff!

I realised last night...when my rear beam axle bushings were due for renewal, they effectively 'steered from the rear'. Might be worth getting a pry bar out and checking your rear beam bushings are ok as well, if the above do not make the issue a bit better.
  13. FR 1.8t Steering wheel is not stiff!

The steering is abit light on them, I have the same complaint. I believe you can make it heavier with VAGCOM. Have a search around on here, there is quite a bit of discussion about it. Also, check your tyre pressures are not too high, as this will give you excess feedback and tramlining.
  14. Chino's Ibiza FR 20VT - 7.5 years on...

I think I must be reverting to my early twenties or something... Someone has finally started producing a proper Induction Kit, as opposed to just universal cones for DIY fit, to the BJX format of 20VT engines. So..I decided to try one ;) Comes with a heatshield and fittings so will look a...
  15. Local Meets - North West - let’s get them arranged :)

Only just seen this, I'll double check dates with the wife, but will hopefully to pop over. I'm only down the road in Stockport. Got this old thing I bought about 10years ago still....
  16. What exhaust ??

Blue Flame used to be quite popular.
  17. 1.8t engine conversion

Yep, cupra's and FR's are that cheap now, like sub £2k gets a decent one and I've seen FR's change hands around half that...plus bear in mind you'll pay more on insurance for an engine swap, 1.8t's can proper chew through petrol as well, plus the they're around £25 a month on tax iirc.
  18. Ibiza fr master cylinder question

I'd inspect the servo vac pipe. Mine is sorted now, took a full fluid change and 4 wheel bleed, air had got trapped in the system.
  19. Ibiza fr master cylinder question

Mines the same... just had a calliper changed on rear today and the garage are struggling to bleed it out. It's back in tomorrow for full flush and bleed. All discs and pads new/under 12months old, braided front hoses... Will report back...
  20. Pulling Left - 56 plate 1.9 TDI Sport

As above, they all do it, but degraded bushings will increase it. Mine did it really badly when the lower control arm bushes were bad.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.