Search results

1. Advice please lads and lassies x

thinking map, cotton filter, ferrodo, cupra r wheels and wing mirrors, ?susp - prob arb only affordable - that's like a grand gone! but is it the best way to spend it??
  2. OFFICIALLY THE MOST BORING THREAD!... best windscreen wash?

I use the VW screenwash. Apparently the cheap halfrauds stuff can cause a blockage and worse if you use a variety of cheap screenwashes. Few posts on here about (easily) cleaning out your water reservoir/bottle and that a lot of gunk was removed. Have you tried adjusting your jets with a...
  3. Knocking Sound

Very keen to get your opinions on my dilema in post #10?! :) (please ignore post #5!)
  4. Knocking Sound

I've still got this problem! (at very low speeds when I lift off throttle, worse when turning) Front wishbone rear bushes, antiroll bar, bushes and droplinks done. Advisory on MOT: slight play in the suspension top mounts (apparently slight play is normal even when new?) Service report...
  5. ARB size??

could only find them from one other place for £130, but a bit too pricey which ones did you go for? been searching around about droplinks and saw that you were thinking of upgrading. Few people have used...
  6. ARB size??

Thanks James, where did you get your vf droplinks from ? The only place I've found them is Impossibleperformance - but can't get through to them (number doesn't work!)
  7. ARB size??

haha! I think when I get there I'll only drop it to max of 30mm then! I know the LCR has rear lowered as std over the LC - when lowering a LC, does anyone/can one lower the rear more than the front? I've ordered superpro arb bushes and steering mount. Didn't order any uprated droplinks -...
  8. ARB size??

LC bar thicker than LCR?! That's a (theoretical) shock to me! I've got "slight play in the arb and links" on my service report but "arb bush deteriorated" on my MOT advisory. D'you reckon just changing the bushes will sort it? Rather than new bar and links too, as garage has...
  9. ARB size??

Thanks Mylo! I assumed the LC would have a smaller one than LCR? Guessing you've uprated yours?!
  10. ARB size??

My ARB seems to be 23mm - does this seem too large for a std LC 51plate? (Measured without jacking up and using a crude method) Was expecting it to be 19 or 21mm (ordering superpro bushes tmw)
  11. car sounds like its supercharged...split pipe + part number.

Apologies if I've not understood your post; did you say you've found a split pipe? If so, I guess fix/replace it and see if that helps?!
  12. Improving Air Flow

cost: how much / take how long to fit the air feed? does it make alot of difference?
  13. Brake Discs & Pads Question

how's it boosting now mate after the remap? b4 n after bhp? you done ne thing else? :)
  14. Custom Code Phase 1 installed !!!! WOW

ne1 know a custom code (like JBS in the post above) in london (SW pref!)
  15. Leon Cupra standard boost pressure

Think it sounds good, if not mapped. Earlier, someone was asking what colour spring (green i think) as their's was boosting at 12psi LCR SpliT-R Sweeet ! I've just put one on, plus a ths dbm and a forge shortshidter Love the cha-cha-catter recirc :D
  16. Stage 1 Remap

Custom code 30% discount! Custom code 30% discount!:d
  17. Buyers Help

yeah you'd get 200K but that means two or three clutches, gearboxes, electric motors burning out, susp etc ; so obv a car with 60k is less likely to cost you money to maintain that a 200/140K one! but as i say check it's had certain things done in the sh inspection will tell you how much to...
  18. Hissing noise from brake pedal?

think the fully synth is like engine oil, a bit better but costlier. motul rbf 500 gets lots of mentions on here - when i asked the garage they offerred me fully synth instead so that's how i understood it, may be wrong though! yep, if press brake with engine off is normal - it is a...
  19. Buyers Help

quite alot of miles - it'd have to be really clean and full sh, things go after 60, 80, 100 you get the picture. With renaultsport clios, gearboxes and clutches and £800 belt service and brakes etc so if you pick one up with 80K on it then it may be cheaper to maintain. I.e. check service...
  20. Hissing noise from brake pedal?

'ello mate. b4 spending that dough, brake fluid (esp fully synth) will make spongy brakes have harder initial bite and overall responsiveness and feel - no brainer really !! The oem rubber hoses can be sh@t so if you can fit, then that's about £100. Fundamental barake servo knowledge...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.