Search results

1. The Ibiza's replacement....

Good too see you recieved the bits mate. also amazing to see they turned up on Friday, only sent them on Thursday. must be that 1st class i did for you. nice to see them finally fitted and doing what they should do after sitting in my cupboard for about 8 months, haha.
  2. The Ibiza's replacement....

oh dear, sound like you've done a bit of a bodge then :P if it works then thats all that matters really. (y)
  3. The Ibiza's replacement....

I hear there's a pretty good mod you can do by replacing some parts with those from the R32 DSG intake. frees up a bit more flow to the airbox. could probably find the parts pretty cheap and then wait ages for someone to get their act together and send them [y]
  4. Golf Mk4 Coolant problems & engine management

Hi, so thanks everyone for the kind words and advice. Turns out it was the water pump, when my mate took it off he found that the impeller had sheared off, not good. Sorted now. Nice to have the car back. BUT....... Last night whie driving the car i noticed a weird issue in that it seemed the...
  5. **floppy wiper blades **

Yes i realise this post is over 2 years old. but i see you have a golf. Hwere do i get these aero blades and how much?
  6. Golf Mk4 Coolant problems & engine management

I'm not too sure, but i doubt it to be honest, it was a family car before.
  7. Golf Mk4 Coolant problems & engine management

i had a look in the coolant tank and the prongs look clean.. you think that is still the problem :S i have been told it could be the water pump?
  8. Golf Mk4 Coolant problems & engine management

Hi everyone, sorry to be hijacking the Seat site for a VW problem but..... i bought a 1.8t GTI Golf MK4 on sunday and driving around on monday i got a warning on the dash saying that i need to check the coolant and i also noticed that the engine management light was on, obviously worried i...
  9. diesel particulate filter

Ok then, well i think we may go take a look tomoz, yeh, i think he knows what he is looking for, he has the 100bhp version asweel so he should have a rough idea what it should feel like to drive... etc... it will then be a painful trip into some modifications for the engine, why do they make...
  10. diesel particulate filter

Ok, well what sort of things would i need to check or look out for then? im guess my frined from VW will have a pretty good idea.
  11. diesel particulate filter

Ah ok then, I'm currently looking at a Golf GT TDI 150 with 89,000 on the clock, he is asking 4,000 for it but it has a crack in the sump( i have a friend at the VW garage who says he could get it done for just over £100) what do you think to the pricing?
  12. diesel particulate filter

Do the Mk1 Leons (and the Mk4 Golf) TDI's have a diesel particulate filter or was this introduced later as i have heard they need replacing after 100k+ miles and are very expensive. I am looking at high mileage cars so i dont want a nasty shock later on. any help is greatly appreciated.
  13. Buying an ex Category C Leon?

Well i mean if you rate Revo then it would make sense to go there as they are so close, so they will be easy to get to should anything go wrong also. their stage 1 map is £350 though so im guessing a stage 2 will be a little more? yeh, i already have learn alot from the site. Very useful.
  14. Buying an ex Category C Leon?

Thats great. Im based just outside Reading. so i know there is a revo mapper about 10 miles away. but as i am new to this sort of "scene" i have no idea where to go.
  15. Buying an ex Category C Leon?

yep, i just noticed that. well i sent him a PM so hopefully things will work out with the car, then the exhaust... who would you say is the best to do a stage 2 map? im going to have a look at procongs for all those other bits for stage 2. you reckon around £1000 for stage 2 inc that...
  16. Buying an ex Category C Leon?

Brilliant. i think i have learnt more from you tdoay about the Leona and mods, than i knew at all before. just looking at this, if it is still for sale when i get the car, you think it is what is needed? http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=226751
  17. Buying an ex Category C Leon?

really, thats odd. oh well. cheaper than a sport cat anyway isnt it? thats not too bad for all the first bits. i assumed the LSD would be that much, was on their site, most of the cost is labour. how much would a good set of springs and shocks be then. I think i would leave the...
  18. Buying an ex Category C Leon?

would you not recommend Coilovers then? and why a decat in my case? doesnt that leave the possibility of a lot more black smoke and a possible fail on MOT? The guy said that the tyres are pretty awesome, but yeah, they would need changing at some point. how much would it be for: tt...
  19. Buying an ex Category C Leon?

Oh rite, well the FMIC is a bonus(or will be) :P so when u say handling, what parts you mean specifically, also what would i need for stage 2?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members