Search results

1. bigman75

What a drive should look like :P

Nice drives! I wish I had a drive. Can't beat a bit of drive envy! lol
  2. bigman75

So long and thanks for all the fish!

The test drive was certainly very nice! :D Just gotta wait now. I've sold it for £7k. I paid 11'000 just over 2 years ago. Done 24'000. Most quotes were around maybe £8k private if in immaculate condition. My front alloys are not the best and quite a few stone chips too. I think i've...
  3. bigman75

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Hi peeps I'll be leaving the Seat fold soon. I am selling my two year old Ibiza (privately.) I am getting a new car through a company lease scheme.............business miles etc. I have calculated with Loan, Insurance, Tax, Tyres and other bits n bobs I have been paying about £390 a...
  4. bigman75

Noisy wiper blades !

I bought Seat branded ones. Probably cost me more but there we go. Any idea who makes them? Bosch maybe :shrug: I had the same problem as the OP. New blade sorted the noise and streaking.
  5. bigman75

Big step up

Enough said! :think:
  6. bigman75

glass wiper blank

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=soapbox
  7. bigman75

Big step up

+2 :drive2:
  8. bigman75

glass wiper blank

I know what your saying and it is common sense. I can only go by what I was told, unless they were winding me up?! Anyway, I didn't intend to detract away from the OP's comments. Just my thoughts on it ;) Cheers
  9. bigman75

glass wiper blank

All windows have to be clear.That includes the rear and the sides. I know that rear wipers are not a legal requirement, I didn't say that they were. I work for Staffordshire Police and I have sought advice about such things from Traffic officers ( a perk of the job I reckon, can't beat free...
  10. bigman75

glass wiper blank

Hi Just MHO. Why would anyone decide to remove it? It's there for a reason after all :blink: Not sure just using a good glass polish is enough to keep your rear view clear and clean enough. After all, that is a legal requirement. Seems a bit daft for the sake of a 'look'. Just my...
  11. bigman75

FR tdi post 10k service

The dealership should've given you a invoice detailing the works carried out. An ECU update would be listed if it had been done along with other ELSA checks. If you were given a invoice, check it again. Maybe your dealer hasn't been that thorough with information to you :shrug: Anyway...
  12. bigman75

Beer talk

Wet box? Dry Box? Are you sure you posted this on the right forum? :D
  13. bigman75

Dog guard

What, this one? http://www.petsathome.com/shop/premium-mesh-car-guard-k9e-for-dogs-by-mont-blanc-13703 :D
  14. bigman75

Tyre Dilemma

Hi I got the Rainsport in 215/40 R17 size. Got them for £92.50 fitted from a local tyre fitter. I can vouch for the quality of the handling in the wet and dry. Much quieter than my Bridgestone Potenza's too! The OP had suggested the Conti's to me when I was looking in January. TBH, I...
  15. bigman75

GAP Insurance

Thanks mate :D You must've posted this as I was composing mine! lol
  16. bigman75

GAP Insurance

Your slightly missing the point mate TBF. My understanding of it is this............. The whole reason of gap insurance is the cover the shortfall of the full price you paid when brand new from the dealership. The insurance pay out which you refer to is only covering it's current...
  17. bigman75

Folding mirrors

I've only got the manual folding ones due to being ex-demo car. I was told they can't be retro fitted and they would cost £150 each! I've never chased it since tbh. I have on occasion got into the car and found that as I'm about to pull off (ooer ;)) I've left the blasted passenger mirror...
  18. bigman75

Any one tried chipex yet?

That makes sense Moost. Chips away apply a portable heater to it. Not sure if that's a speed issue or to actually 'bake' the product. It sounds like the same stuff though tbh. I was given the remaining stuff in a small pot premixed for future touch-ups. Looks good work Jase :) I don't...
  19. bigman75

Oil

I was told not to mix Fully synthetic and Part synthetic oils. If it's top up, use the dealer stuff as Moost suggested. That way you're safe. The dealers usually use Quantum I think?? Anyone clarify that? I use something completely different (5w30 Mobil 1) cos it's a diesel.
  20. bigman75

Any one tried chipex yet?

Anyway, back to the topic. This chip-ex stuff sounds like the same stuff/technique that Chips Away use. My bonnet repair and about half dozen chips (worst ones) sorted cost me £60. Good luck with it again. Hopefully the weather will be good again.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise