Search results

1. Martyn1989

xcarlink

Got one for sale, if anyone is after one they can save a bit on the RRP. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=292895
  2. Martyn1989

The engine misfires when idling, and no one can fix the issue!

I recently upgraded to a bigger and more economical car, and the time has come for me to bid farewell to my much loved Seat Ibiza. I'm planning on advertising the car soon. However, there is a little bit of an issue... The car seems to have an underlying problem. The engine misfires when...
  3. Martyn1989

Cheapest Place for a Coil Pack?

I went for the Bosch option in the end simply because it was the cheapest. Thanks for the help lads, you've saved me a few quid here :)
  4. Martyn1989

I have the 1.4 Chill. It's just the one coil for the whole engine. Nearly fell over when they quoted me 110 bar. For reference it was the RM Fisher stealers in Lancaster, every time I have been in there they have been very bad mannered and inefficient. They also ordered a wrong part for my car...
  5. Martyn1989

I need a new coil pack for my 2001 Seat Ibiza. I've previously changed the coil pack twice with a £30 version from eBay, and apparently this is causing more problems for the car. I've just been into my local Seat Dealer and they want £108.76 for one of the buggers. Is there anywhere I can...
  6. Martyn1989

New Gearbox is Pretty Sticky!

Generally I would say it is worse when it is cold. The different is pretty negligible though.
  7. Martyn1989

Could it not be the gearbox oils?
  8. Martyn1989

Hi, I got a new (refurbished) gearbox put on my car back in May due to the fact my last one exploded on a hill start. The new gearbox has only done a few thousand miles since it was fitted, and day by day it is becoming stiffer and stiffer to use. It almost feels like their is no...
  9. Martyn1989

Gearbox Gone - FML

Thanks for the websites :) The garage got back to me with the following prices: gearbox £685, clutch kit £125, gearbox mount £31, oils £25, labour £253 (5.5 hours). However, I am looking at just getting my own parts and paying for labour. I can get a used gearbox (41,000 miles), clutch...
  10. Martyn1989

Gearbox Gone - FML

I think the price he might of been quoting was for a used gearbox. He said he had a look on black diamond (?), and the only one going on there was £680.
  11. Martyn1989

Gearbox Gone - FML

During a hill start at the traffic lights today my gearbox went. I've got a 2001 Ibiza Chill. Whacked it in first when the lights changed, took off the handbrake and throttled it. Massive noise, grinding, knocking, and a not-so-nice smell of burning metal. The gearbox would only let me select...
  12. Martyn1989

Engine revs dropping too sudden causing engine to stall??

Mine does something similar as well, it's very lumpy under idle and throws in a few misfires and flashing lights. Nothing I have done has fixed it so far. P.s. Same car!
  13. Martyn1989

Misfiring... still!

How would I go about performing a compression test? I'm thinking the fuel injectors could be playing a part in this, as the misfiring occurs typically when the car is idling or when at low revs (it occurs when travelling slow in 5th gear etc).
  14. Martyn1989

Misfiring... still!

I've changed the spark plugs and the HT leads. I'm honestly at a loss to what is causing the problem, but it is beginning to piss me off.
  15. Martyn1989

Misfiring... still!

Changed the main coil pack yesterday, and the car is still misfiring. The engine is misfiring more often since I changed the coil pack as well, which is just bloody typical :(
  16. Martyn1989

Misfiring... still!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was a little confused regarding the coil pack, as it seems to be just one main coil pack rather than individual ones. Found one on eBay for £30, which seems fairly decent...
  17. Martyn1989

Misfiring... still!

My Seat Ibiza 1.4 Chill (51) has been misfiring at random times for a while now. It is a problem that is a concern and I would (finally) like to get it sorted. VAGCOM informs me that the engine has random/multiple misfirings on cylinders 1 and 3. I have changed my spark plugs recently to try...
  18. Martyn1989

Sourcing an interior door handle?

Nice one mate.
  19. Martyn1989

Sourcing an interior door handle?

Is my local dealer just my local Seat garage? Cheers.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members