Search results

1. Cupra water pump failure experience

Hence why I stopped using main dealerships years ago. Rang a SEAT dealership today with an enquiry - didn’t bother to return my call. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. Cupra 280 Battery replacement

If it’s a stop/start car, the battery will need to be coded to the car. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. Giving cyclists room, and them leaving room.

I said there are faults on both sides plus the thread is about giving cyclists room. There are plenty of videos focusing on bad driving as I’m sure you know. And yes, there are a large section of drivers who don’t understand the “we” bit. Hardly surprising as they are the biggest group of road...
  4. Giving cyclists room, and them leaving room.

I don’t. I call out bad roadcraft whether it be cyclists or otherwise. Plenty more within that vulnerable group complain and get a greater proportion of air time considering they’re amongst the smallest, if not the smallest, group. Ironically, considering they’re the most vulnerable, many of...
  5. Giving cyclists room, and them leaving room.

Faults on both sides but the blind stupidity of some cyclists is unbelievable - I’ve experienced it first hand when driving trucks in London - cyclists hanging on to my trailer, coming down the inside and stopping in my blind spots then there’s idiots like these. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. Giving cyclists room, and them leaving room.

Leave them to it. Darwin theory and natural selection will sort them out. But of course, it won’t be their fault…… Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. 2013 1.4 tsi manual clutch and flywheel

Just out of interest, what sort of mileage has your car done? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. Crazy Fuel Prices!

It’s caused quite a debate and I have to say, I wasn’t sure when I saw pictures of it but it looks much better in the metal - especially in black! I forget all that when I drive it as it drives superbly. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. Crazy Fuel Prices!

I’ve got a (mild) hybrid BMW. Over 400 BHP (standard) and 48 mpg on a run. 60 in under 4 seconds.[emoji23] Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. Leon Cupra ST300 4Drive Haldex servicing

I had a Golf R from new. After the first two years, I had it done annually - but make sure it’s done properly - that means Haldex pump drained and removed, cleaned out, strainer (there’s no replacement filter) cleaned then pump refilled with fresh oil. They should fit new seals and drain plug...
  11. Most likely source of the squeaks from the front suspension ?

I think that’s it. I don’t think replacing them will sort it. It’s a common fault that can only be sorted by greasing. Mine went for over five years and didn’t need doing. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. Most likely source of the squeaks from the front suspension ?

This is a known problem on the Golf R and is much discussed in the forums. On the R, it’s the top mounts that are renowned for this and just require greasing. Not sure if the whole suspension needs removing or not. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. Cupra 300 Tyres

I used to get noise off the PS4Ss I had in my last car - it was due to the change in road surface. I thought the same as you initially![emoji23] Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  14. Cupra 300 Tyres

Bin the lot. I know of someone who put a cheap Chinese tyre on his 370Z because he was selling it. Next day, it let go on the M6 and put him into a concrete barrier. They’re not called ditch finders for nothing. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. Touch screen

I think my previous car did the same in cold weather. 2016 Golf R. If I had cold fingers, that exacerbated the issue. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. Crap week

Thankfully, my Golf R when I had it, managed to avoid any alloy wheel issues. I think a brand new one from VAG is about £900. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  17. Crap week

Wife had the same week before last on her Ibiza FR. £693 for a new alloy and tyre. Claim in with the council as the pothole was reported back in December, no warning signs and no paint around the hole - about five other people hit it before and after her. If they refuse, it’ll go small claims...
  18. Possible waterpump/thurmostat housing

My indy garage quoted about £990 to have it done on my last Golf R. SEAT have tried to rip me off when I used to have Leons so I switched to an indy. Much better job. A book full of main dealership stamps is only an indication that the owner has been ripped off numerous times. My Golf sold...
  19. Cupra 300 Manual

Look out for clutch slip. My manual mk7 Golf R that I used to have needed a new clutch at 37,000 miles. It’s a well known issue that the VAG standard clutch can’t handle the standard power from this engine. I fitted an uprated Sachs Organic clutch which was much better. Cost a grand to have...
  20. New bike

You’re not missing much mate - they’re bloody heavy and horrible for off roading which we did a lot of…..at night……with no lights……because that’s the military way![emoji23] https://british-classic-motorcycles.co.uk/index.php/harley-davidson-mt350/ Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.