Search results

1. vtxracer

Alternator Removal on Ibiza Cupra / Bocanegra EA111 Engine

Definitely no need to remove the front grille or rad ! I had mine refurbished. My mechanic just put the car on the lift. He had to access the bottom of the car to remove a bracket and the connector and then pull it out. It was fairly easy to remove.
  2. vtxracer

Seat ibiza cupra 2010 power loss

Is it the throttle body or the flap that diverts the air to the turbo/compressor ?
  3. vtxracer

You should short this problem out first. Any chance of a blown head gasket or piston failure ?
  4. vtxracer

So, you had a blinking check engine light which means the car was misfiring and entered safe mode. You could start by replacing all spark plugs and maybe all coil packs (coil plugs should last a long time but their performance decreases with age). How many miles does the car have ?
  5. vtxracer

Fans "pulsating"

Possibly a faulty climatronic unit. Easy to replace and you can get a used unit for a reasonable price
  6. vtxracer

Lack of boost low in rev range.

Not necessarily. Mine failed. It sounded like a broken timing chain and only got worse as i continued driving. Clutch would not engage but no warnings at all. I replaced it with whatever brand water pump i could find faster cause i needed the car. The new water pump turned out to be faulty. The...
  7. vtxracer

Lack of boost low in rev range.

Possible fault is the water pump. It houses the magnetic clutch for the compressor. If it has failed the compressor will not engage and usually it will sound like you described.
  8. vtxracer

Head unit configuration

The headunit is an aftermarket android unit. You can install apps just like a smartphone.
  9. vtxracer

Head unit configuration

Torque pro app and a cheap elm327 adapter
  10. vtxracer

Seat Ibiza FR 2014 Touchscreen

I have installed an android headunit recently and I am super happy with it. Its fron Erisin. Bought on aliexpress with delivery from a european warehouse. I have an older ibiza with the old style hazard light switch so it was direct plug and play. Fits right in. No need to trim anything or get...
  11. vtxracer

Full tank gives 180miles

Fill it up, do some highway driving and see how that goes. It really depends on driving conditions. In very heavy traffic I would be happy if I got 180 miles out of 2 tanks ! 🤐
  12. vtxracer

1.4tsi DSG upshift vibration

If you also notice juddering during normal acceleration from a standstill, then its probably the clutch pack. Hard downshifts are common for the 7 speed dsg in manual mode but sport mode should be fine. First thing to do is a dsg reset and adaption with vcds or another diagnostic tool.
  13. vtxracer

Mk4 cupra wheels on mark5

https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/techie-is-back-boca-style.241944/page-6#post-2866001 It depends on the rim. Pre-fl fr and cupras shared the same rim style. But when you ordered 4pot brakes on Cupra you would get a different style 17 inch rim just to clear the brake calipers.
  14. vtxracer

Light rattle noise when on boost

I removed them and used a piece of silicone tube that fits snug on both sides. Seems secure enough.
  15. vtxracer

I left the plastic bag as is. Did the rubber feet of the engine cover break ? Mine failed too and i cannot find a replacement !
  16. vtxracer

First, take a look at the AC pipe marked with the arrow in the photo. Try to find any points that it may touch the chassis. Bend it slightly if needed, just by hand, dont use any screwdriver, etc. Maybe you accidentaly put some weight on it when working on the DV. Follow it all the way from the...
  17. vtxracer

I had a similar issue when i first got my car back in 2009. I could hear rattling under acceleration. It was coming from the AC piping in the engine bay. At the left side near the coolant expansion tank. They were touching the chassis which caused a rattling noise at certain rpm.
  18. vtxracer

broken car

Usually check engine light+ tpms+ epc means that communication with a system is lost or the ecu is receiving signals which are out of range. It may be something as simple as a loose connector or a wheel speed sensor or just a throttle body in need of some cleaning or something more serious, like...
  19. vtxracer

Adjusting Steering weight with VCDS Ibiza 6J

Yeah, I know. It was an exaggeration. But still, its hard to drive in the city. At higher speed its very enjoyable.
  20. vtxracer

Adjusting Steering weight with VCDS Ibiza 6J

I started experimenting with these settings. 2009 1.4 tsi fr. Stock setting is 21 which i find the most balanced so far. 20 is like 21 but just slightly heavier on low speeds. I tried the 81 setting. Loved the feel on higher speed corners but hated It in city driving. Its like its not...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.