Search results

1. seat_rich

Treatment to prevent Turbo Carbon Buildup in the future

Can't remember the exact reasoning for the FB spec, but I think anything less is considered to be a bit to high in ash (when burnt obviously!). I'm running a decat at the minute and am fortunate to not have a DPF so the only possibly worry for me is the EGR, but that was replaced just a...
  2. seat_rich

Treatment to prevent Turbo Carbon Buildup in the future

300ml of two-stroke oil per tank. Make sure it's at least JASO-FB spec, and it'll help the engine run better and the added lubrication should extend the life of your fuel pump (apparently a big problem since they reduced sulphur in the fuel).
  3. seat_rich

Worrying drone...

Well, the garage have confirmed it was a wheel bearing, so it's being fixed as we speak!
  4. seat_rich

Worrying drone...

I've had a quick feel of the tyres, and they seem to be okay. Obviously not entirely scientific, but I've had a tyre go out of shape on this car before, and the deformation while not obvious to the eye was easily felt. Bearings sounds like a good shout. Presumably something I should get...
  5. seat_rich

Worrying drone...

I'm booking the car into the garage anyway for a few other bits and bobs, but in the last couple of days it's developed a strange resonant drone that comes around 42mph and goes at about 47mph. Not related to engine speed, nor does it matter whether I'm accelerating or coasting (haven't tried...
  6. seat_rich

Poor MPG

I'm in a similar position, and could do to sort it out, so how do you go about checking whether it is the MAF (without just replacing it)?
  7. seat_rich

Heaters warm, but not especially hot...

Doesn't work on the Ibiza as it doesn't have the '+' and '-' buttons (and I did try by twizzling the dials too). Yeah, except tonight it was 1C air and I was in parked traffic. Turning the dial from 21C to 'Hi' ramped up the fans but made no difference to the air temperature. Reckon it's...
  8. seat_rich

Yeah, I had thought about that, but it's only hovering around 0C here, and I'm reasonably confident that it was better last year. Put this this way, I had it on 'Hi' for about 5 minutes at the end of a 50 minute journey (at 22C), and it didn't seem to get any warmer. I'm fairly sure that...
  9. seat_rich

As the subject really. It's a '54' FR TDI, and even if I jam the climate control to 'Hi', it's not overly hot. The car is just about comfortable at 22C, but increasing the temperature doesn't seem to actually make the car any warmer. Ideas?
  10. seat_rich

Seat seats ... shocking quality

Friday afternoon job? Mine's a '54 plate, done 120,000 miles and the seats are immaculate (barring a nasty stain I keep meaning to clean).
  11. seat_rich

Boot won't open... :(

Apologies for the lack of acknowledgement, the replies were greatly appreciated. However, after making a token comedy attempt to climb into my boot, I realised I'd much rather pay someone else to fix the damn thing for me. Booked it into the garage, and wouldn't you know it, the morning it was...
  12. seat_rich

Boot won't open... :(

On our way to a hockey tournie today and loaded up the boot with hockey bags. Got there, and couldn't open the boot, meaning I had to drag the bloody things out across the back seats. Can't open it with key blade, or with remote. The mechanism clicks like it's unlocking when using the remote...
  13. seat_rich

Absolutely pants aerial rception.

Normal in Norfolk. I commute King's Lynn to Hunstanton, and my old Alana could barely scrape KLFM (and nothing else). Upgraded to an Alpine IDAX303 with an signal booster, and now I can just about get Radio 1 as well. Terrible, terrible reception.
  14. seat_rich

Engine Light & Beeping

Hmmm, might be worth a try. After my blown gasket & oil cooler, I had a filthy coolant system, so maybe it's a bit gunged up still... I'll give it a try! Ta!
  15. seat_rich

Engine Light & Beeping

Really... no-one else has this at all?
  16. seat_rich

Engine Light & Beeping

Just checked the coolant, and it's fine, so I'm out of ideas again!
  17. seat_rich

Engine Light & Beeping

First things first, the car is running fine, with NO lights on the dash once the engine is running. However.... If I turn the ignition on, the dash lights up as normal, and the lights go out in a few seconds, with the exception of the red battery light, and the orange engine light. If I then...
  18. seat_rich

Trouble locking the car?

Never checked :( I just put up with wonky locking for a bit and then suddenly, I'm stuck in the car park with a car that won't start waiting for Mr RAC.
  19. seat_rich

Trouble locking the car?

I started getting problems locking mine, then about a month later, the battery (car not remote) dies completely. Replaced the car battery and not had a problem since.
  20. seat_rich

Revo Remap

Yeah but how long did those last between rebuilds... ;)
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members