Search results

1. BeezaDave

BeezaDave's Mk4 Ibiza - Fresh wheels and lows!

Been a while but just to wrap things up here, I sold the ibiza last week. I honestly was sad to see it go and I will miss it but on to bigger and better things. The replacement is a lexus is200 sport which I've been driving for a few months and I love it so far. Slightly faster than the ibiza...
  2. BeezaDave

Anybody good with clutches?

Could be a bearing I'll look into that. I've no AC so can rule that out.
  3. BeezaDave

To conclude, the release bearing was w@nked. I can honestly say it wasn't anything to do with my driving. So not sure what happened there. I have the old clutch so will be taking it back for an explanation. In other news, the car is making a low rumble when on idle, goes away when I press...
  4. BeezaDave

I get you. I'm gonna take it somewhere else and hopefully it doesn't cost me too much.
  5. BeezaDave

So I've got a 1.2 ibiza. 15 months ago I had to have a reconditioned gearbox and new clutch fitted. Car worked fine until two weeks ago. I brought it back to get looked at and they said the gearbox mount had broken and they replaced it. After collecting the car today, I'm getting all sorts of...
  6. BeezaDave

Ryan's 1.2 Ibiza MK4

Lovely base car to start with! Best of luck with it :)
  7. BeezaDave

Good man. To be honest, posting something like a bumper from Ireland to Cumbria would be a pain for both of us and I couldn't guarantee it wouldn't get damaged/broken. I'd love to sell them to you but I don't think it would work out. And nobody in Ireland wants them haha. Wouldn't mind an...
  8. BeezaDave

Hi lad, Cheers that's great to hear. I'm still saving up for the replacement. Whereabouts you from? Throw up a few pics of your car if you can!
  9. BeezaDave

Passed the NCT last Friday with no advisories!
  10. BeezaDave

ScottHmk4 - 1.2 Cupra replica (Now Sold)

Very nice Scott!
  11. BeezaDave

Please help!

Yeah great result in the end!
  12. BeezaDave

So to update this, things are going better with the car. Not doing anything to it, just taking care of it. Recently got the leak fixed and the car has no issues at all. Just tipping around in it until I can afford to upgrade. Car will be put back to standard then and all mods will be sold...
  13. BeezaDave

Please help!

Just wanted to say I got this sorted. Whole brake system got checked and no leaks. Turns out it was a clutch slave cylinder. Got that replaced and fixed the leak. ABS light - fault that came up was 00301. Something to do with the the abs return flow pump or something. Anyway I was told I...
  14. BeezaDave

Have a list of 9 potential cars but open to anything really. Glad to hear your car is going well! :)
  15. BeezaDave

Please help!

Definitely brake fluid leaking. I think you're right about the pipe. Any idea what exactly it connects onto?
  16. BeezaDave

Please help!

My 1.2 has been leaking brake fluid and the abs light has been coming on and going off. Fault code was something to do with an abs pump pipe. I have the pipe because I found it when I took the bumper off a few weeks ago but had no idea what it had fallen off of. Does anyone have any idea where...
  17. BeezaDave

Hi Craig, Haven't bought a replacement yet, still saving up but looking forward to moving on to bigger and better things. Ibiza is going a bit better now. Still not the same though so just getting it ready for sale. What are you driving these days?
  18. BeezaDave

No indicator noise

Not sure what the problem could be but can confirm there should be a clicking noise. I think I read somewhere that there is a little speaker behind the dials?
  19. BeezaDave

Dan's Ibiza 1.8 FR Mk4

The old accelerator doesn't come off like the other ones, tt pedal goes over it. Soak the tt pedal in hot water for a while to soften the rubber, makes it a bit easier ;)
  20. BeezaDave

I'm sure not many people are following this thread but I like to keep it up to date anyway. So the second hand gearbox that I bought and fitted only 3 months ago along with a brand new sachs clutch cracked and leaked oil all over the clutch, ruining both of them. So I had to pay for another new...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise