Search results

1. What did you and your MK2 do today?

I had to change mine a while back and it wasn't a 5 minute job for me lol. I also used a long extension bar and a crows foot. The nipple that the switch screws onto is a like a tyre valve and closes when you remove the switch so no gas lost. Mine was charged when I changed mine and still working...
  2. Strange engine noise

I did. Turns out it was a heat shield that had been moved during the cam belt change that need to be moved slight as it was rubbing on the exhaust once it was hot
  3. New clutch but still got a DRAGGING issue!!

Did the garage check the gearbox input shaft when they had it off to do the clutch?
  4. Clutch woes

I had my box refurbished. I think a new box with be a little bit pricey
  5. Clutch woes

Those were exactly the systems that I had.
  6. Clutch woes

more than i would have liked!
  7. Clutch woes

Well it has been a long road but I think I am at the end of it. The initial thought that the crank end float may have been the cause of the problem was wrong, this was checked and found to be within spec. Further investigation showed a massive amount of tilt/deflection in the dual mass fly...
  8. Clutch woes

Yep dual mass was changed at the same time as the clutch. Yep garage checked the dual mass and couldn't see any problems. I did take the car back to AMD but the day they had it they could not replicate the problems I had reported. Now the the parts are out of warranty. Not sure what to do...
  9. Clutch woes

First a little back story before we get to the problem. Over a year ago i had the clutch changed at AMD and all has been well until a couple of months ago. The engagement of the clutch has become jerky but not on every release, the bite point would change but not drastically and sometimes the...
  10. Strange engine noise

Doubt its the gearbox as the noise was also there when stationary.
  11. Strange engine noise

Guys Developed a strange engine noise on my PD140 today. It had a new cam belt fitted a couple of weeks ago and has also had some clutch work done. The noise appears to be coming the cam belt side of the engine. I just not sure if it is related to the cam belt works or the exhaust. I will...
  12. wont start

13. what revs @ 60mph /new gearbox problem

A new clutch and flywheel fitted is only in the region of 600-700 depending obviously. So that's effectively 700 just for the recon box! Ouch
  14. Rainwater leak... Help

I believe this quiet a common problem. It happened to an Audi a6 we have at work. That ended up with all the seats being removed to be able to take the carpet out to dry it and all of the electrics that were underneath. Not sure how they cleared the blockage in the drain hole in the wheel arch...
  15. What did you and your MK2 do today?

It sure would that's why I'm having it done. This will be the second belt I have fitted to it due to the age.
  16. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Just got the car booked in at my local indie for a service, cam belt + water pump, brake fluid change and a new clutch master cylinder. Not gonna be a cheap Christmas :(
  17. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Was the cabin temperature below 18 when u got the warm air? If it was then that's what's suppose to happen, no?
  18. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Just had my winter tyres fitted....
  19. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Feel sorry for ya bud
  20. Diesel to petrol clocks?

Doh, didn't read past the question.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise