Search results

1. jam666999

Flashing Handbrake, ABS & TCS

Yeah unfortunately its definitely those three. Using a bluepoint microscan, I've never had it fail me (up until now possibly) It Drives absolutely fine still, leads me to think it may be an ABS sensor or something similar. I've Got VCDS but Only an OBD cable for the older VAGS. May have to look...
  2. jam666999

Flashing Handbrake, ABS & TCS

Wondering If any one can help, I've tried searching and found a few bits and pieces but what's puzzling me is there's no codes coming up. The break fluid is at max, I've tested the ABS and its none existent, so I know there an issue along those lines. Hoping someone might have a bit more...
  3. jam666999

Opinions on buying a cupra

RSBUBBA, massive thanks for the heads up. I'll be leaving that one for definite then.
  4. jam666999

Cheers for the help guys!
  5. jam666999

Yeah that's the one, I agree in that I don't want to pay over the odds for something without a doubt. Auto trader Values cars differently to everyone else they go what's available, in specific areas etc rather than a price for a specific car regardless of availability and location. Just don't...
  6. jam666999

Just thought I'd ask you guys and see what your opinions are. Been on the hunt for a Cupra, done the usual and set a budget and criteria like mileage and colour etc. Some one has come up fairly local pretty much perfect in terms of what I'm after. 58 plate, Blue on 50k Listed at £8450 Happy...
  7. jam666999

car died on me and wont start

Is it definitely oil level and not oil pressure? just a thought.
  8. jam666999

Unusual coldstart noise. 1.4Tsi (not timing chain)

Mine also makes this noise, and I'm sure a lot of others. From what I understand the chain tensioner works on the oil pressure, and this noise is the chain being slightly loose for 1-2 seconds before the pressure has built up. So I've been told anyway I have researched it further to confirm 100%
  9. jam666999

2009 Stereo upgrade help

Cheers for the heads up, I'll see if I can get my hands one locally.
  10. jam666999

2009 Stereo upgrade help

Another thing to throw into the mix, as I'm really not fussed about Sat Nav, what about the RCD510? seem to be available obviously cheaper to inc the bluetooth module? Anyone got opinions? Just found this link through another thread...
  11. jam666999

2009 Stereo upgrade help

Thanks for the replies the 315 was what I was aiming for but wasn't sure if it was compatible. Much appreciated!
  12. jam666999

2009 Stereo upgrade help

I have searched the forums and still not sure on the matter. I have a 2009 1.4 TSi SE with this Stereo What are my options in regards to upgrading to something with Bluetooth? Cheers Jamie
  13. jam666999

Leon flip Key guide

Nice one much appreciated! I've put a post in the vag.com request to see if there's anyone local that can take a look. It's annoyed I have away my cable and laptop with it on when I got rid of my Ibiza years ago. Is there anything in particular to be looking out for?
  14. jam666999

Leon flip Key guide

I've searched hi and low to find the answer to my key issue but nothing seems to do the trick. Basically about a year ago the battery went in my remote key for my 53 plate leon cupra. Replaced the battery and it worked fine for a while then stopped working completely. Tried any of the pairing...
  15. jam666999

Really Annoying Squeak!!

I searched about every thread with squeak in it, but still can't quite pin point what it is. I have a 53 plate Leon Cupra that's likes to squeak at me fairly loud when driving slowly. It doesnt seem to be when applying brakes. I think it's ever so slightly worse when turning right. Any help...
  16. jam666999

Will these wheels fit my LC alright?

As above 5x112, I,m sure theres a very nice red LCR on here with Merc wheels. Drka-Drka http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272549&page=68
  17. jam666999

Coolant Problem

I had the same problem mate, the main issue i had was very poor MPG, nothing else noticeable power wise etc
  18. jam666999

what have you done to your car today ?

I've got to agree, I fitted my cobra res system a few weeks ago, and the quality is excellent, Im an engineer by trade so see alot of metalwork and fabrication, the welds are top notch! As for the sound, its suits me down to the ground just a nice grumble on tick over and similar when driving...
  19. jam666999

My temp problem

No the water constantly circulates and keeps the engine cool (too cool) I've got the same issue and have also replaced the CTS so the thermostats the next port of cool. My EML has came on with the and is P1296 which points to a problem with the cooling system. Also probably will have an effect...
  20. jam666999

Cobrasport exhaust 'Cupra' help

**Now Sorted** Spoke to a very helpful guy on the phone and confirmed that the cupra version, is just straight cut no flange ready to mate up to the cat.:D
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members