Search results

1. Rear passenger door lock

I haven't tried it myself only going on other people comments on the video, hopefully it works out Good luck mate, report back if it works Stay safe too Dave
  2. Altea XL radiator replacement

Hi guys I got a leaky radiator, at the bottom left corner as you look through the grill. I haven't had a good look yet as i cant see to much with front end on from the top I may first try a bit of rad weld in it, but if it comes to it I may need to replace my radiator I have a 2007 petrol...
  3. Rear passenger door lock

This was the one I saw, lots of positive comments on there too, I have 3 doors that do the same, only my drivers door works, I might give this ago, haven't got much else to do at the mo
  4. Rear passenger door lock

There was a youtube video I once saw, drill a small hole in door lock, big enough for a wd40 straw and blast it with the stuff Let me see if I can find it
  5. Altea 2.0tdi dsg ignition barrel

how did you get on mate
  6. Altea 2.0tdi dsg ignition barrel

let me know if you find anything, good luck, if the barrel is okay and you fancy changing the bracket this guy has a good strip down and refit its a jetta but i reckon its probably much the same, I have had to change a wiper stalk in the past and it was the same sort of faff as he has to get...
  7. Altea 2.0tdi dsg ignition barrel

here we go mate, take a look at the thread on the link below If you can get the barrel out you can test that bit on its own, You just need to get it to position II I think then shove a pin or a small piece of metal down the hole and it should slide out, mine took a while to get out but keep...
  8. Altea 2.0tdi dsg ignition barrel

mate mine went about 3 or 4 months ago, but i fixed it for nothing, okay so the steering look doesnt work now but hey my car is worth like 1500 quid max, all i did was to remove the barrel and a few cogs and i found a broken of piece of metal which was jamming up the barrel, took that out and...
  9. Licence plate reversing camera wiring

car is at garage having MOT, I will get some pictures when she is back, expecting it will need some work, either wheel bearing or CV joint sounds a bit clicky, lets see wot happens
  10. Licence plate reversing camera wiring

So I fitted a reverse cam on my 2007 XL, this is wot i did, it seems pretty water tight at the mo and has been for a good few years So to get the 12V from the reverse light you will have noticed that the bulb is on the tail gate not on the rear wing corners, so its gentle pry down the head...
  11. Key sometimes will not turn in ignition barrrel

So got myself back up an running tonight so this is wot i have found / done I managed to use a thin piece of wire to remove the key cylinder, once the cylinder was out it turned freely so ruled that out pretty much straight away, key moved freely from off to accessories to on to starter...
  12. Key sometimes will not turn in ignition barrrel

omg its now stuck at position 2,
  13. Key sometimes will not turn in ignition barrrel

wow brimfull thanks for the quick reply mate, can i just check, r u talking about the barrel itself ie the bit the key goes into, or r u talking about the metal assy that the key barrel goes into
  14. Altea steering wheel

yeah i added volume buttons etc to my 2007 altea, as mentioned above, new steering wheel, multi function buttons, also needs a new cable assy. inside steering wheel too, may need to change steering wheel control module too, and a little tweak on vagcom to tell the car they are there I may well...
  15. Key sometimes will not turn in ignition barrrel

Hi Guys So I got a 2007 Seat Altea XL 1.6 petrol My issue is as it says in the title Insert key into the ignition and it turns fine to position 1, accessories, ie radio etc all come on fine yet trying to get to position 2, ie red lights on dash, internal fans etc I have a problem The key...
  16. Temperature drops when driving

Okay before I start, no, I have not been drinking and I am not going mad, at least I don't think I am So I drive a 2007 Altea XL 1.6 Petrol The cars runs fine and have no outstanding issues apart a small oil leak on the cam seal and a weird thing with the temperature gauge So the car runs at...
  17. Help my dad with both right door not unlocking

Just changed the rear near side lock assy on my 2007 Altea XL. It wasn't letting me open it from the outside even though it was unlocked, I could open it from inside and once I had opened it from inside I could then open from the outside as many times as I liked until it was locked again and...
  18. help!

vacuum reservoir?? http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=317406 have a look at his thread , post #5 is that it
  19. Help my dad with both right door not unlocking

lol I have the same issue, but mine are both on the left hand side (passenger) The rear was the first to go, then the front, they went a little intermittent at first but now both are knackered, and as you say can only be opened from the inside and still can be, once opened they can be opened...
  20. Heater Switches Dislodged

you need to take the radio cover plate off first, then there are two torq screws in that opening above the radio (top left and top right) which hold the heater facia on, take another look, not sure if it has clips as well
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.