Search results

1. Altea XL radiator replacement

Hi guys I got a leaky radiator, at the bottom left corner as you look through the grill. I haven't had a good look yet as i cant see to much with front end on from the top I may first try a bit of rad weld in it, but if it comes to it I may need to replace my radiator I have a 2007 petrol...
  2. Key sometimes will not turn in ignition barrrel

Hi Guys So I got a 2007 Seat Altea XL 1.6 petrol My issue is as it says in the title Insert key into the ignition and it turns fine to position 1, accessories, ie radio etc all come on fine yet trying to get to position 2, ie red lights on dash, internal fans etc I have a problem The key...
  3. Temperature drops when driving

Okay before I start, no, I have not been drinking and I am not going mad, at least I don't think I am So I drive a 2007 Altea XL 1.6 Petrol The cars runs fine and have no outstanding issues apart a small oil leak on the cam seal and a weird thing with the temperature gauge So the car runs at...
  4. Oil Light warning

Hi guys Just a real quick question I have a 2007 Altea XL 1.6 petrol It has the large multi function display, like the one below, okay I know the one below is in KMPH but mine is UK style MPH My question is to people who might have the same display, when you first put your key in...
  5. Front windows creeky, squeaky, fail to raise

Hi Guys Just wondering what might be the issue on my 2007 Seat Altea I have read a few threads but thought I might just check it out In the hot weather the front windows make a right noise when trying to raise them back up, it is getting to the point now where sometimes the window wont...
  6. Location of BCM or Body Control Module

Hi Guys I have the chance to get my hands on a set of cheap (almost free) front fogs (including grills and interior headlight switch) for my 2007 Altea Fitting them looks like a piece of .... Only thing I need is a cable which I can find easily enough on line for about 30 - 35 quid...
  7. back lit interior light

Hi Guys Just was looking at upgrade threads on the boards. I see some people in the Leon section using the Passat W8 interior light in their Leons as this fitting is back lit http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/w8-passat-interior-light-for-the-up_topic5437.html I don't think this W8...
  8. Dimming rear view mirror

Hi Guys Just wondered if anyone has retro fitted an auto dimming mirror to a 2007 Altea XL I was given one the other day, I thought I'd connect it up and give it a go Thing is I was only expecting +12v and a GND cable, NO there are 4 wires on the plug Any ideas, wire colours are grey...
  9. MOT emission issue, revving engine on its own

Hi Guys I am driving a 1.6 Seat Altea XL petrol 2007 Just had an MOT done this week, all went really well until we got to the emissions test The inspector put his adjustable bar from the steering wheel to the accelerator and adjusted it so it was pressing on the pedal to give a steady...
  10. steering wheel control module change

I guys recently carried out a MFSW upgrade project Had to change the steering wheel control module to accommodate the MFSW Originally I had the 1K0 953 549 BC and went for a 1K0 953 549 CH Everything before the change worked fine Since I have fitted the new module I have an issue...
  11. Steering assist question

Hi Guys Driving a Seat Altea XL 1.6 Petrol 2007 I am TRYING to get my dam amber steering assist light off after disconnecting the battery Following these instructions here: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_%281K%29_Steering_Assist (i know its for a Golf, but the...
  12. steering pulling nearside after battery off

Hi guys, posting from my phone so hope this looks ok. Recently had to disconnect my battery, as expected the steering assist light came on when battery was reconnected. took nearly 60miles before it went off, (hard work driving with that on). Ok so since it has gone off I have a massive...
  13. MFSW multi function steering wheel retrofit

Hi Guys wonder if you can help me, trying to upgrade to a MFSW in my Seat Altea, read quite a few 'how to's' on the VW sites, has anybody had any joy here?? These are the modules I did / have fitted 1K0 953 549 BC steering wheel control module, upgraded this to a 1K0 953 549 BD 1K0...
  14. Vagcom in Cardiff / Newport area

Hi guys Just wondered if anyone can help me out, i have a 2007 Seat Altea I want to switch on 'coming home lights' I believe this car has the canbus system Can anyone help me out, the $tealers want stupid money to switch this on Thanks for looking Dai St Mellons by Day Cwmbran...
  15. Centre Brake light

Hi guys I need to get access to the centre brake light on my 07 Altea XL You know the one i'm talking about the one that sits on the tailget above the rear window In the owners manual they detail just about every other bulb removal but not this one Any ideas how I get access to it...
  16. Fitting parking sensor to an XL

Hi guys As the title says i'm about to fit parking sensors to my 2007 XL. I have had a quick look at the rear of the car and noted the reversing light is on the tail gate / boot. Rather than taking a feed from the light cluster area within the tail gate / boot, Can anyone tell me if...
  17. Dash board showing 'SAFE' when key is inserted

Hi Guys Can anyone shed any light on this I have a 07 Altea and for some reason with 2 out of my 3 keys I get the word SAFE on the dash when I turn the key in the ignition, it covers the trip mileage part of the display!!! Not sure what it is, took it to Delaer they say i need to buy 2...
  18. Recall from Seat

Hi guys and gals Just a quick one, Seat just rang me asking me to bring in my 2007 XL in. They said there are 2 outstanding recalls on it 1) Primary fan resistor ??? told by the young lady at Seat it could be air con related and 2) Central wiring harness in steering wheel? She...
  19. Altea dash - spare switches for rear mounted LCD's

Hi guys Just a quickie, I am thinking of putting rear mounted LCD's into the back of the front seats. (was things of putting them in the head-rests but the angle of the head-rests would make watching the LCD's just about impossible), so thinking about the back of the seat above the tray...
  20. key fob information (impossible question me thinks)

Hi Guys I am going to ask this question but i think it may not be possible for anyone on here to answer, so please prove me wrong. Has any got the circuit diagram for the central locking PCB (circuit board) in the key fob. thanks Dai O
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.