Search results

1. attila_tdi

Cutting out mid drive, turning over not starting!

Aounds like coolant tenperature sensor. Unplug it and try to start it
  2. attila_tdi

Good bye after 6 years

Bought a 170 Passat estate so getting rid of my beloved 130 sport tdi. Problems: Brake pads front are down to metal Cambelt due now Windscreen cracked Oil service due It's going to the scrap yard as it has 177k on it. Shame as it's got a complete set of spare original alloys (2...
  3. attila_tdi

Tyre Wear

Strange. I've 36 all round for a few set of tyres and never had cenrre wear issues. My size is 205/40/16
  4. attila_tdi

Clutch gone

Phew! That's a relief. For £500 i'd get it changed. Is there a good make I should use or bad make to avoid?
  5. attila_tdi

Clutch gone

What £1k for the FR and £510 for the alfa?? Ouch!
  6. attila_tdi

Clutch gone

Any advice? I know what you're thinking scrap it!
  7. attila_tdi

Clutch gone

Well I'm pretty disappointed, but not really surprised. My clutch has started slipping in 4/5. Driveable but not sure how ling it will last. I guess I'll have to get dmf and clutch changed at same time. Has anyone got any idea of recent prices for garages doing this? Would you recommend...
  8. attila_tdi

Cupra tdi - signs it's losing power slowly

Sorry only just saw this. Not sure about baud! That should be enough logs. Just make sure you drive through the rev range. The 3k in third gear doesnmt really show good data. Much better just logging acceleration through the rev range.
  9. attila_tdi

Improved seals on boost pipe - logs

You're right. Fitted new original ones for that part (the garage did that bit). But when i came to taking that part off it was already such a tight fit i couldn't take it off! No wiggle at all.
  10. attila_tdi

are u able to post group 11 and 7 logs? PM me the data and I can do it if you want.
  11. attila_tdi

It's gonna be difficult to diagnose without vids logs though. Could be a tiny boost leak - not all of them are audible. I had a right curve ball when I had your problem. There was a tiny crack in the pipe between the air box and where the EGR is. This meant that the MAF was thinking it was...
  12. attila_tdi

Improved seals on boost pipe - logs

I've never been happy with Seat's original seals for the boost pipes and didn't think it was worth buyin complete Forge of SFS equipment. I have however bought and fitte Forge's 90deg bend which is the last pipe underneath the engine...
  13. attila_tdi

Tyres 205 45

Am looking at 4 new tyres and just for fun to be different I found these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUMMER-TYRE-Federal-595-RS-R-205-45-ZR16-83V-/151542642573?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2348a5378d What do you think? Putting sensible head on - any recommendations? What are Goodyear...
  14. attila_tdi

Turbo pipes seals?

Hi anyone done this before?
  15. attila_tdi

Turbo pipes seals?

Hello, Thinking of doing a revamp on the turbo pipe seals. I intend to upgrade them to these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NITRILE-RUBBER-O-RINGS-4-5MM-DIAMETER-C-S-VARIOUS-SIZES-FROM-33MM-ID-TO-71MM-ID-/370953264631?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item565e899df7 I think 4.5mm thick may be...
  16. attila_tdi

Remaped Cupra TDi - New clutch time: anyone got this one fitted?

Is that VaT included? If so not really. £41/hr
  17. attila_tdi

Oil usage

Pd130 155,000 miles I only use Quantum Longlife 3 507 VAG oil (this is what VAG use) Changed every 9,000 miles never needed a top up between changes.
  18. attila_tdi

Wishbone refitting

Seat supply special rubber oil. Can't remember what its called but its a small 100ml bottle dark in colour. To be honest it looks like cooking oil or normal engine oil.
  19. attila_tdi

Wishbone refitting

You need a bigger ratchet strap! I bent my first set. I put a pair of mole grips around the ratchet handle and bent them. Had to buy bigger ones and they were fine. You sort of have to do a few pulls then leave it 5 min to settle. Then repeat.
  20. attila_tdi

Ibiza tdi random engine not starting - Update with Pics

Wow how am i supposed to know what to buy?! I guess take it off and read the code... Have order the £10 brushbox kit...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.