Search results

1. Engine Life

Okay let me rephrase my question... How long on average do these engines go before needing things like bearings and piston rings changing. How long before it gets expensive to repair/replace?
  2. Engine Life

Brad, I like your optimism but nothing that has friction will last forever. I'm thinking about the life of bearings and pistons etc... I'm looking at an S3 with 170k
  3. Engine Life

What sort of mileage are we looking at with the 1.8t engines? Specifically a remapped AMK. Obviously wear will be related to how it's been driven and how well it's been maintained but on average what would be the life of one of these lumps?
  4. Whats it worth with a twist...

Wellys cost nowt mate!
  5. Whats it worth with a twist...

Should have said the cars back in England now! Might put it up and see what I'm offered...
  6. Whats it worth with a twist...

I suppose the real question is would I get £300 more for £300 in parts...
  7. Whats it worth with a twist...

It did have a front ender, by me! It's got a new rad and the intercooler is still spot on! Literally just cosmetics now!
  8. Whats it worth with a twist...

See that's ballpark what I was thinking... I'd obviously be happier if it was more, but if it's much less it would be pointless selling after the money I've spent on it!
  9. Whats it worth with a twist...

96 views...
  10. Front CPR Splitter

Lcr*
  11. Whats it worth with a twist...

"Whats it worth?" I hate that question as its so easy to look around and see what cars in a similar condition are going for etc But how about this, a 04 225 LCR that needs a new front bumper and bonnet, has 102K, **** loads of history and drives fantastically? Modded with a remap...
  12. Audi tt Strut Brace Fitting No cutting Required

B47t0n are your top mounts on their way out or is that gap normal?
  13. FMIC query

Iirc yes 1 metal joiner 2 90 degree metal pipes 2 90 degree 63mm silicone pipes 2 45 degree 63-70 something silicones And a handful of clamps I'd just use proper jubilee clips if I were to do it again, cheap enough and they're used in 3000psi hydraulic applications etc :)
  14. FMIC query

I fitted my Wellycooler to my LCR and kept my fogs. I found it easy. I have majority silicone pipe work.
  15. why didnt we get the 4WD?!!

Or if you want to convert it to a 1.8T and have a fast Leon that could put power down... Surely it would be easier to swap an engine etc than to swap the rear floor and suspension... We dont have it anyway so it doesnt really matter...
  16. FMIC to fit LCR

Wellycooler fitting is easy mate, trimming the crash bar is a piece of piss with an angle grinder and Turing disk and the brackets are really easy to make!
  17. Manifold vac nipple

Sorted Dug the old snapped nipple out and helicoiled it before inserting a bolt coated in thread sealant!
  18. Ibiza Mk4 Part Numbers List

eBay will be cheaper!
  19. Can anyone help me with the LCR intercooler and vac system

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=224215
  20. custom boost pipes and fmic

Type Welly cooler in the search bar, or on google :) Sorry I wasn't more helpful, balls deep in my engine bay :D