Search results

1. kevscupra

LCR Mk2 - that was a mistake - and handling.

I'll have a look for the alignment print out for you, difference in handling was massive after having a good fast road set up put on the car.
  2. kevscupra

LCR Mk2 - that was a mistake - and handling.

Front and rear ARB's make a massive difference, I've the H&R ARBs the 28mm and 24mm are the thicker set. ALK paired with SuperPro adjustable ball joints is a good set up allows adding camber to your setup.
  3. kevscupra

New clutch after Stage2 map

Nice power from stage 2, Is the dip in the torque on the graph the clutch slip between 3000-4000rpm?
  4. kevscupra

BigNod00's Mk2 Cupra K1 * The ASBO *

Awesome update Matthew, I would love to do this to my Cupra R. I seen your car in bits at AKS when I was down there at the end of July. I thought I recognised your car and asked Alex if it was yours and he told me not to say anything. He was waiting on a new fuel line when I was down there. The...
  5. kevscupra

My 08 Candy White Cupra

Ok cheers, just I'm getting a few misfires every now and then on idle and more so when the engine is cold. Glad it's nothing to worry about. I haven't had any smoke puffs that I've notice so I'll just keep the pcv delete on. Out of interest was the compression/leak test, for boost leaks? Did...
  6. kevscupra

My 08 Candy White Cupra

Craig after your valve clean and new injectors were you still getting misfires on idle? I've looked a couple of pages back and seen you had a pic with oe pcv back on, did this stop the misfire at idle? Or was there another reason you changed to oe?
  7. kevscupra

Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

I spoke to Awesome about the figures, they said if I didn't tell them it was running on Vpower, they will have just ran the 95ron map on the rollers. Anyhow I can't remember if I said or not and by the sounds of it they don't keep a record. I've used the map switching to switch to the 98ron but...
  8. kevscupra

Yeah, It's a straight forward swap, and you can pick up full second hand kits for £200-£300. From what I can remember I think I paid £250 for mine S3 set up. Then refurbed them red to match the Brembos on the front.
  9. kevscupra

Ok I don't know much about the Scirocco R, didn't realise they were 335mm and think the ttrs/rs3 is 335mm. I'm sure I've read somewhere you can change the the S3 carriers for the VW Phantom carriers and run 335mm discs, but don't quote me on that.
  10. kevscupra

I don't think I need to worry about that, there is only the shell garage half a mile for my house and I can't think of another one within 40mile. There is one at Carlisle 20mile away but as far as I'm aware it's still closed from the floods in December, there is a Tesco at Carlisle but I just...
  11. kevscupra

S3 set up calipers, carriers, discs and pads, I upgrade the brake hoses for Hel hoses but the standard hoses are fine. Discs are 310mm vented over the 286mm solid discs, and the piston in the calipers is slightly bigger but I can't remember specs. You don't need to change the hubs. Not sure why...
  12. kevscupra

I am thinking about doing this, but I'm going to log the car first make sure there is no issues before spending money on another rolling road run. I'll pm you my email now, cheers
  13. kevscupra

Yeah I have thought this, also about 2years ago I went to a rolling road day at Awesome and toosmiles was there with his K1 similar spec to mine and only made around 350bhp but a couple months before on the same roller at Awesome he made 365+. Lottery.
  14. kevscupra

She is pulling loads better that before the upgrade, I'm happy with the power just I expected the figures to be to better on the rolling road. I've had a look and it's not that easy to find but going off Facebook some people have made as high as 380bhp but not that many. I was under the car...
  15. kevscupra

APR stage 2+ uploaded thursday at Awesome, my car made on the rolling road, 348.9bhp 368.5ft-lbs. My Cupra R didn't get the results I thought it would, but it feels loads quicker. Spec list, •Performance; APR stage 2+ Evoms intake Hi Flow Turbo discharge pipe Peron Intercooler Hi FlowThrottle...
  16. kevscupra

Johnsy's mk2 LCR' -- Nurburgring trip September 2016--

I know how it feels, I had to put my car plans on hold for 2year while we bought and done up a house. It's a good road up heart side, but the weather needs to be right. Would be good if a few of the Leon boys had a bit of a meet up there. Standard brakes were gash, all or nothing no...
  17. kevscupra

Left foot braking is something I need to learn. Have you thought about the floating discs? Cost a lot but they work really well. Also just seenthe post about heartside next time your up let me know I'm only 15min away.
  18. kevscupra

This was delivered last week from AKS from the free delivery offer on FB. I thought I would get the DV+ before I go for the software upgrade tomorrow. All put together, First impressions are good, throttle seems smoother coming on/off boost. But the noise is different over standard and I'm...
  19. kevscupra

Looks like you had a excellent time on the your trip. Abit unlucky you missed your first session. How did you rated the new brake set up on the track?
  20. kevscupra

Ttrs/rs3 in tank fuel pump

Some people with the hybrid turbos have installed ttrs lpfp or similar products, APR make a product from what I can remember it's expensive. Ttrs lpfp needs a blank to fit on a fwd car, AKS tuning sell the lpfp and blanks. Vag Fueling Solutions on Facebook sell there own modified lpfp. With out...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members