Search results

1. Recall Letter - For LED indicators

Mine was done when it was serviced about a month ago. Glad if it makes the car safer. Only thing I did have to do was reapply setting to fold the mirrors when I single press the lock as opposed to having to hold the button, hardly the worst thing. Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  2. 184 LEON TDI ST QUESTIONS

18" wheels are just bigger doesnt necessarily dictate bigger brakes but they are bigger on the 184 anyway than other models. To check for details of car search on google for dvla vehicle enquiry. This should tell you the model and if it's been mot'd, taxed, etc. Sent from my SM-G975F using...
  3. 184 LEON TDI ST QUESTIONS

Unfortunately that car is too old to have come with full link. Only cars from roughly march 2015 onwards. If it was capable of full link it would have at least a usb port and 3.5mm jack in the cubby under the heating/aircon controls. Particulate filter is like a diesels version of a catalytic...
  4. Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

Never try to fathom the ways of the insurer...when you come to renewal or if you fancy checking I use a broker called brentacre who are usually very good. Remember you have your 14 day cooling off period if it turns out they were cheaper if you think it's worth it. Sent from my SM-G975F using...
  5. Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

To be honest that does seem a bit weird. I'd give them a call when they are next open as hopefully they can explain. Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  6. Software Bug? Drive Profile / DSG mode conflict on startup

From what I understand it is only on facelift cars. Something to do with the changes after vag scandal and meeting wltp. Cars have to default at startup. I say this as it never happened on my 2 previous mk3 pre facelift cars. If they were set in eco for example they stayed in it. My current...
  7. Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

Fantastic stuff, so were you able to take it straightaway? Glad you are happy :) Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  8. Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

So...how did you get on today? Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  9. Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

I think it's all relative with Marshall's. I only say as I bought privately a car they would otherwise have sold for a couple of grand more had it not been for me jumping in before they'd sealed the deal. I'd say they do come across as a good dealer but think I got a better deal and am none...
  10. Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

There is even a black 3dr on a 17 for 9995 from a private seller. But it's on the Welsh borders so a bit further away. Obviously depends if its worth it to you. Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  11. Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

Have you noticed the black 17 plate 3dr 1.4 150 that Marshall's also have, it's on for 11390? Also noticed a red 17 plate in Nottingham that is on 10450 from a private seller with randomly a spare set. Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  12. Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

Personally I did it myself. Trolley jack roughly £20, socket plus a torque wrench is all you need which would be another £40 or thereabouts. The locking nut is in the car. In my case though I have done other work, so if you dont plan on that then you may as well go to a garage but then on...
  13. Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

If you can see past the wheels and could get some knocked off the blue one it has a full leather interior and heated front seats, which suggests it probably got other options (normally the case). A swap of wheels should easy. I sold an identical set for £350 in the past and bought a set of 19"...
  14. Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

I'd agree that is somewhat overpriced. I saw facelift cars with 5 doors for less money and similar mileage. I know a few have mentioned about buying from dealers but I'd disagree as you are paying for all their overheads. If you bought a 67 plate car for example it would still have warranty...
  15. Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

In terms of the focus I cant comment on the engines but would agree on door seals. The two blokes I know in work, one with an older 1.6 and the other with an st both have the seals coming away... Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  16. Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

If you can live with 5 door instead of a 3 door your number of choices will grow considerably. It will also give you a much better chance when it comes to selling the car when it comes to that - the number of people interested in 3 door cars is very limited (learnt through experience). I took...
  17. Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

Why not buy a cheaper leon with alloys you aren't too keen on then swap the alloys for ones that you do like. I have done this previously. The perfect car maybe out there but with awful alloys and because of this nobody else pay attention to it which helps make it a bargain for you. The...
  18. pre face or facelift?

Too be honest I used to think what is the point but combined with the stop start its excellent. Saves me holding any pedals at all when stopped (can be slightly disconcerting and I still motion for a non existent handle occasionally). Now the only concern is as others have suggested if it...
  19. pre face or facelift?

Personally I'd search for a pre facelift with the later mib2 headunit. This would save too much fading around. The bigger screen would be just that so I'd imagine it wouldn't be worth the messing around. Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  20. pre face or facelift?

Yes too be honest I should have qualified the upgrade in that it is possible to upgrade the screen on a mib2 unit, which are cars from roughly march 2015 onwards up to when the facelift came out in 2017. But that would be the screen. I dont think you would need to have a sat nav high model...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members