Search results

1. MrWill

Remap or Upgrade to Cupra?

Hi all, I've owned my 04 FR TDI for 2 years now, it's on 90,000 miles and haven't had any major problems with it yet. Clutch feels fine too. Recently started a new job and have a couple of options I'm considering: Upgrading to a Cupra (petrol or diesel) and having little savings left so...
  2. MrWill

Do I need a new Alana stereo?

I've tried this already but unfortunately no - the piece that has snapped (in my hand on the pic) actually goes inside the hole shown in the first photo, so it has snapped off of a piece inside. I tried super gluing it but it doesn't want to stay. Plus I have lost the clicking functionality to...
  3. MrWill

Thought so! Yeah mine has gone all the way back but is turned off so I'm in the opposite position - no sound! Hi mate, Could you PM me the details and the price you're looking for? Anything wrong with it or is it in excellent condition?
  4. MrWill

Hi everyone, Was hoovering the car a couple of days ago and managed to catch the volume/power knob on my Alana stereo - and it broke off. I didn't even put much force into it! As a result my stereo is stuck off as there is no 'click' when I try to put it back on, and it's driving me crazy not...
  5. MrWill

Clutch release bearing? Plate?

Ok I was expecting that it would set me back quite a lot, thanks for the help :)
  6. MrWill

Sorry, my mistake, it does do it when reversing, only when the clutch is dipped.
  7. MrWill

Hi all, I've had some really strange noises from under the bonnet these last couple of weeks...... Basically its a scraping/knocking sound which always occurs when I dip the clutch, particularly when I am slowing down - only with the foot off the accelerator. I always notice it when I'm...
  8. MrWill

Inside of tyre bald?!!

Cheers for the help and advice everyone! Going to get some new tyres in the next couple of days and get teh tracking/alignment done....does this usually cost extra when buying tyres or do they do it when they fit the wheels back on? Will.
  9. MrWill

Inside of tyre bald?!!

Hi all, Just had a look at my front tyres to see how they're doing and noticed that the inside part of the tyre is completely bald! I have a whiteline rear ARB fitted and was wondering if this is why they are bald on the inside and not the outside? I expected the more bald part to be the...
  10. MrWill

Warning light! Help please!

Thanks for the help everyone, the light constantly flashed everywhere I went the other day and looked in my rear view and my brake lights were constantly on lol. A bulb had blown, changed it and no problems now :) Cheers Will.
  11. MrWill

Replacing Front Windscreen Washer

OK cool thanks for the help :) Will.
  12. MrWill

Ok cool thanks I'll keep an eye on it... What's the fix then? How much is the new switch, how to fit etc (if it is the brake lights)? Will
  13. MrWill

Thanks for all the replies! Just went to test the brake lights, they're all fine.... Then left the ignition on for about 60 seconds and after about 60 seconds the light stopped flashing! Seems to be OK now! "Normally when your car is fine do you wait for tht light to go off before you start...
  14. MrWill

Hi, Just drove home not long ago and this light was flashing at me the whole way home (15 minute drive), and won't go off.....what does it mean? I didn't get a manual when I bought the car last year so help would be appreciated! Regards, Will
  15. MrWill

Hi, Sorry I wasn't clear on my first post. From using the pin, I've made the hole too big so that it doesn't spray out anymore - it trickles out instead. There's no dirt clogged up either so I definitely need a new one.
  16. MrWill

Hi all, I noticed this morning that my nearside front windsreen washer wasn't spraying very well, so put a pin in there to get rid of any dirt that might have built up...but now it doesn't really spray at all as the pin wasn't as thin as, say a needle. Was wondering if I could get a...
  17. MrWill

Alternator Squealing - advice needed

Thanks for all the help everyone - managed to get the alternator pulley and fan belt for £50 inc. VAT, and got my mate to fit it so owe him a few beers at least! No funny noises now so engine sounds and feels much more solid. Thanks again for the help. Will.
  18. MrWill

Someone please? Just need to know alternative names to the parts I need so I can order them :)
  19. MrWill

Hi all, My car started making some squealing noises last week, so got my friend who's a mechanic to look at it. He said I need a new alternator pulley and a new fan belt. I've been to a local parts store and asked them for these things, but they said they can't find them on their system...
  20. MrWill

Spongy Brake Pedal

Thanks for the responses guys. Mexi - my location says Weston-super-Mare, not Aberdeen! lol. What you said about the sticky calipers - I noticed that the pedal is more 'sticky' than 'spongy', and the resistance of the pedal is not consistent - sometimes it will feel really hard like a block of...