Search results

1. DIY Soundproofing

Fixing images
  2. Auto-fold mirrors on lock and reversing

auto-fold is strangely named. You still have to tell the car to fold them (holding the lock button down for 2-3 seconds when locking). For the mirror, make sure its set to L (not R as stated in the manual). Once in reverse move the mirror to the position you want. It will then return to normal...
  3. Do I have Roadside Assistance?

Can I ask how much you paid for your 1st variable service?
  4. Running Fan...

It's very dependant on the type of journeys you do. I do mostly motorway miles and the odd bit of town driving so I only notice it every few months
  5. Running Fan...

It's because the car was trying to do a DPF regen. That gets the engine very hot , so if it's interrupted then the fan has to stay on to cool things down. You need to go on a 15-20 min drive once the engine is warm and keep it at a steady 2-2.5k revs at >40mph.
  6. OK, Where's the sub?

Have a look on this thread http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=424206 its possible that you didn't actually get the SEAT Sound pack as it isn't standard anymore
  7. DSG SLow off the line

hard pressing the brake pedal (with SS off) the engine idles at 800rpm, with light pressure it idles at 1000rpm.
  8. VW TDi Emissions software scandal

I wouldn't be surprised if all <Oct 2014 diesel Leon's were affected. I'm 99% sure my March '14 184 will be.
  9. Just ordered Leon 1.4 (150) w Drive the Deal

I bought twice via DTD, and other than being a bit of a train journey to collect it (I didn't want some random person driving it up to me) everything went perfectly fine, and as a JC said above, if dealers sell enough cars they get extra discounts from SEAT. I didn't even bother trying to get...
  10. Changing Front Fog Lights

depends on the model. S and SE are easy and can be done from the front. FR is from the back only, and if you have the extra large washer bottle then you almost have to disassemble the whole left front to change them over.
  11. Fr184 mpg

I'm averaging just over 52mpg, but I think the DSG does hinder it compared to a manual car. The 16mile journey to/from work isn't great in the winter either.
  12. Cornering fog lights

If you have the LED pack then the cornering lights are disabled
  13. Would it be wise to buy a TDI for low mileage/occasional use considering DPF

yearly mileage doesn't really matter, its more important about the journey lengths. 10 x 600 mile journeys would be fine. 600 x 10 mile journeys would be bad. You really want to be looking at 20-25+ mile journeys to make sure the car gets warmed up. Also at that level of mileage getting a...
  14. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

yes, you can download seats official maps here, but it only works if you have map care. http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?Page=SEAT_Media&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light
  15. Radar detector

I would say around 2-3MB / 100 miles. You can reduce that even further by preplanning the route on wifi. It then caches the map for the route you've selected.
  16. First year service details and type

on a similar note, I've just had an email from SEAT saying that a service is due soon (coming up to 12 months old), but my actual car is set-up to longlife which is still saying another 8 months. I have an extended warranty so i'm wondering is that forces me on to a 12 month schedule?
  17. Album covers on media screen

I always aim for 400x400 and <100kb
  18. Leon FR Mk3 - Mirror issue

Try Deano's suggestion. I had the same issue, and that fixed it. I think I tried to open/close a window when it was still frozen and it knocked off the one-touch open and close. That then stops the mirrors folding as well for some reason.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.