Search results

1. Andyg1978

Airbag warning after battery disconnect

The problem is now fixed - thought I would provide an update in case this happens to anybody else. I bought a CANBus reader and was able to read the code but it would not let me clear it. I was just starting to panic when I thought the car was pretty sluggish to start. Even though the battery...
  2. Andyg1978

Thanks, Looking at a canbus kit on ebay that should be able to reset it. Still confused as to why it happened - but hey ho.........
  3. Andyg1978

It's blanked out in mine. The place where it would normally be is blanked out. Checked my manual and it turns out that some cars (mine included) you can't disable the passenger airbag via the key.
  4. Andyg1978

Hi all I had to replace my battery over the weekend, stupidly let my niece and nephew play in my car and hadn't noticed they had left the interior light on. Put the battery back and all is ok, well a lot of warning lights that will go away when driven, but I now have an airbag warning. This was...
  5. Andyg1978

Garage destroyed my mates car

Thanks for the comments, they have definitely helped put his mind at rest.
  6. Andyg1978

Good point about the mileage, I'm presuming that the Mileage doesn't get reset. Garage have refunded the money for the service(!?!) and are looking to throw in a service or two for good will.
  7. Andyg1978

Thanks guys. I was thinking along your lines. Think they are going to guarantee the work for 2 years as well. I could see a replacement engine putting some people off, but chances are, these are the sort of people who would not be looking to buy an FR. Andy
  8. Andyg1978

Hi everybody Looking for a few opinions here please. Mate of mine (non member here hence my post) took his car to a SEAT garage for a service. Car was a Leon FR TDI, the 150PS version ~ 2 years old, 24 k miles. About 200 miles after the service, when on the motorway, the engine warning...
  9. Andyg1978

2008 Cupra - should both reverse light be working?

Ok - so still a stupid question - but a good answer :) Thanks Mike.
  10. Andyg1978

2008 Cupra - should both reverse light be working?

Sorry, this is probably a really stupid question. Should both the passenger and drivers side reverse light be working on a 2008 Cupra. I'm guessing yes, but have changed the bulb - also swapped the bulbs and my drivers side reverse light will not come on. I take it it should come on? So on...
  11. Andyg1978

Help car stolen.

Car has been found!!!!!!! B@stards had nicked it to go joy riding in. My girlfriend found it in a dodgy area of Edinburgh (she ws obviously doing a bit of Miss Marple action on the side) Some damage to the rear quarter but all repairable, especially as it needs to go to the garage to get...
  12. Andyg1978

Help car stolen.

White mk2 pre facelift Cupra. Lowered with 18" black wheels. Reg H18 AWG. stolen in Edinburgh. Any sightings please call the police. Thanks guys Andy
  13. Andyg1978

ELM 327 - Weird Issue

Thanks for that - youve saved me from bashing my head off a brick wall when I connect it up :)
  14. Andyg1978

ELM 327 - Weird Issue

Why dont the fault codes work (s'cuse my ignorance)
  15. Andyg1978

Jet fuel is the way forward

Worth a try maybe? Went to check where the nearest one was though, but get a 404 when I try the UK link http://www.phillips66.co.uk/EN/about/brands/Pages/index.aspx Does it work for anybody?
  16. Andyg1978

ELM 327 - Weird Issue

Hi I've got one of these as well and its known working in an Audi A4 2.0 TFSI, Merc CLC 200 TD and RX8 231. I've not tried it in my Cupra yet but will do and let you know - wont be able to do till tomorrow night though.............
  17. Andyg1978

Recommend a new Head Unit

Got a few here; DAB versions http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-RCD-510-DAB-Radio-Stereo-Volkswagen-car-Golf-Passat-Scirocco-Touran-BRAND-NEW-/130829055685?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item1e7604f6c5...
  18. Andyg1978

Sorry for not checking this for a few days - thanks to everyone who's posted, loads to think about now, especially as my 08 wont have the power drain problems. Quick question about the RCD 510. Is the iPod connector attached via the back or the front of the unit.
  19. Andyg1978

Thanks for the advice guys Would the Pioneer be something like the AVH-X3500DAB? Interesting thought about the Chinese units though - I have an 08 plate liek yours, do we not need to worry about Power drain with the RCD 510?
  20. Andyg1978

Hi Decided to change the stock head unit with an aftermarket one. Would like it to be; Double DIN and touchscreen (touchscreen not essential but would like) Compatible (if using correct adapter) with the steering wheel controls iPod compatible, preferably with connector for iPod at the...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise