Search results

1. CupraOl

Black cupra on fb page at awesome gti open day

Hi Yeah, it's my car! Thanks for the nice comments, wasn't expecting that! I try to keep it nice and am a bit OCD with the "detailing". The badge is from the MK3 Cupra/mk1 Leon Cupra. I secured mine with double sided tape and a cable tie. I'll get a picture to show where I put the cable tie...
  2. CupraOl

new tastless imature mod

Haha, seen those on Ebay - hope you don't bump into a supercharged type R! :p
  3. CupraOl

LawrieIbizaMk4's 1.2 Black Magic Ibiza - Sold -

Car looks very tidy and the paintwork looks in very good condition. I have a black Ibiza too, so I know how much of a pain it can be to keep clean. I had to buy a replacement 17" Cupra alloy recently from a dealer and it was £202 +VAT (i.e. a rip-off). :rolleyes:
  4. CupraOl

Cupra front bumper - help!

Thanks mate. I have this part number from the FAQ thread: 6LL 853 667 79Y. I think this is for the main large centre grille and would have thought that if you could order a new one you would be able to remove and replace the old one. I've just checked the message from the bodyshop and they're...
  5. CupraOl

Cupra front bumper - help!

Hi I'm having my Cupra front bumper resprayed, but the bodyshop are saying that the grille is "moulded" so they are going to have to mask around it. I'd obviously rather have them take the grille out. Is the grille removable? I've searched and found that a new grille can be ordered, but...
  6. CupraOl

DP + exhaust, cat or no-cat???

Any more info on my question above chaps?
  7. CupraOl

Ibiza cupra TDI- Stage one P-torque remap dyno results

That sounds like a beast! What map and supporting mods is it running? :drool:
  8. CupraOl

Oil on FMIC

I'm going to take a proper look over it in the next couple of days - may whip the bumper off. I've been thinking about going for the Forge pipe kit, or just going for the whole replacement lot from Spitfire. I've already have one pipe give in on this car, and I'd go for one of these two purely...
  9. CupraOl

Oil on FMIC

It's not actually in the intercooler but can clearly be seen on it if you look at the FMIC through the front bumper (bottom left hand side where the pipe joins the FMIC). Is this normal? Crappy MSpaint arrow to show location of patch on intercooler FTW! :lol:
  10. CupraOl

Oil on FMIC

Was washing the car today and noticed through the mesh in the front bumper that from where the pipe goes into the FMIC (bottom left hand side when looking at car from front) there appears to be quite a lot of oil/soot type muck on the outside of the FMIC. The side nearest this pipe is definitely...
  11. CupraOl

The Ibiza's replacement....

Very nice car, and the wheels look lovely too! Enjoy it! :)
  12. CupraOl

DP + exhaust, cat or no-cat???

What's the theory behind the idea that de-catting a TDi will blow the turbo?
  13. CupraOl

Dealer trying to tell me that my MK4 didn't come with a plastic undertray...

LOL! :cartman: Well, the good news is that amazingly my car now DID come with one, and they are ordering me a new tray FOC and fitting it FOC too. :) Thanks everyone for your posts, especially big_daddy with the diagram and part numbers. Altech, YHPM matey.
  14. CupraOl

Dealer trying to tell me that my MK4 didn't come with a plastic undertray...

Hi To cut a long story short, I took my 2006 MK4 Cupra TDi to the local friendly stealer for a service, and the dealer decided to take my plastic undertray off (to change the oil presumably) and then not bother to put it back. :rolleyes: They are of course now denying all knowledge of any...
  15. CupraOl

'PINK' Calipers & Warranty?

That's strange. I've sent you a PM with some ideas - hope it helps. :)
  16. CupraOl

What size brush did you use, and what sort of prep did you do on them mate?
  17. CupraOl

Yeah, I had them refurbed a couple of weeks ago in a much brighter silver, which is also metallic, unlike the virtually flat standard ones. Makes the wheels look bigger and looks nice in the sun :D On some pictures it looks almost white though! The finish is powder coat and then lacquered...
  18. CupraOl

:lol: It's only the brakes and wheels. ;) lol... Anyway, it's the only thing I've ever done practically which hasn't been a complete disaster, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts! :cartman: Do love the APs and the bite they have. I remember the brakes on my old TDi sport, and feel that bigger...
  19. CupraOl

No worries! Hope they come up well for you. Please post up some pics too ;)
  20. CupraOl

£7 from B&Q/Homebase. It's from international paints and called Japlac in Signal Red. I used a 1/2" paintbrush for the main parts, and then an artists brush for the tricky bits. Put it on fairly thickly and don't worry about brush marks. It comes up very well after a few coats. :)
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.