Search results

1. HoopDub

worth putting a performance cam in my 1.4?

back on topic, Ieuan, what you need to do is get on ebay and look for a POLO GT 3F camshaft, this is actually the most aggresive cam fitted to hydro vag heads. a nice little upgrade for all polo based engines, 1L, 1.3L, 1.4L, 1.6L. You will need to set the timing properly as IIRC the timing...
  2. HoopDub

cupra bumpers help!!

1.0-1.4L 6K0 805 903 A £12.19+VAT INSTOCK 1.6-2.0L 6K0 805 903 E £16.15+VAT have to be ordered! at my local TPS
  3. HoopDub

ibiza's on 17's? who runs them?

you will, im running 15s now and my NS drive shaft rubs and my steering arm :( :( i had to raise it yesterday as it was doing my head in!!! good thing is being a 1.4 the sump is still a mile from the floor haha
  4. HoopDub

yup, if i end up running them im going to need to notch the chassis leg
  5. HoopDub

Laying up the MK2

if you go to a caravan and camping store you can buy things called 'moisture traps' they are awesome!!!!
  6. HoopDub

had a trial fit to determine spacer specs for mine today :D saturday rollin on 13s for mot :D
  7. HoopDub

cupra bumpers help!!

ye thats correct, the gti splitter is also less than £20 from the dealers
  8. HoopDub

Laying up the MK2

id recomend leaving it with a few good books so it doesnt go insane
  9. HoopDub

17s, i like em :D

i agree
  10. HoopDub

yep, that they are Ieuan that they are :D tony, u want them for net to bugger all though haha
  11. HoopDub

hehethey may not get around to being fitted, im fancying another project so the whole car may go vvsoon
  12. HoopDub

185/35/17s, same size rolling radius as a 195/50/15 im running at the mo :D
  13. HoopDub

14. HoopDub

Alloy Wheels & Spacers

hehe Suj, a fellow *****, i like haha ive just got a set of wheels, ET49, so im looking at finding out the ideal spacer width to get a set custom made if needed. Low Pros are a must for any substantial drop, im undecided between 165/45/17 and 184/35/17 at the moment:D
  15. HoopDub

Vag-Com faultcodes

this is normally a nackerd TB, there is a way to test it but i cant rmember off hand. to basic set the TB you need to go into measure blocks on vagcom, group 98 i think for part electronic throttles, then switch to basic settings, the TB will adapt, take a few seconds, switch back to measure...
  16. HoopDub

Alloy Wheels & Spacers

ET would be +45, they look like 7" wide due to the 195 tyre looking quite flush
  17. HoopDub

oh no MOT...

as above, check all bulbs, including number plate bulbs, indicators all flash orange. make sure the number plates are clear and not damages. tyres, tread depth and damage. seatbelts, for fraying and tares aswell as retract and engage. make sure the washer jets work, and they are filled up. wiper...
  18. HoopDub

Subframe Scrape 3 wheel

haha looked crazy on the weekend :D
  19. HoopDub

Standard ride height

can anyone tell me what the standard ride height is for a non gti mk2 ibiza, and where its measured from. i know on dubs its usually measured from wheel center to arch. any help appreciated guys n gals
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members