Search results

1. ibiza fr150 top speed?

I mean in the case of this dude's car. There are other factors, no? I do concede that the potential top speed is higher than I thought.
  2. ibiza fr150 top speed?

Why exactly are you posting videos of Mondeos? What on earth has this got to do with the fact you didn't manage to do 148mph in your Ibiza? The Civic one as well - why? Please explain. Is it a case of, this car can do 150mph so mine must be able to do 148?
  3. ibiza fr150 top speed?

It's a discussion. Deal with it. I am allowed to disagree with your claim but I am not hating anything here, only disliking your excuses. Why are you so bothered about my questions?
  4. ibiza fr150 top speed?

Enough said. Speedo was probably out my at least 10% so actual speed was probably nearer 134mph. New boost pipes and already a leak - hmmm, not great, huh? As for your Mondeo, not really that bothered tbh. Was this on the speedo too? Not quite that simple but even if it was geared for...
  5. ibiza fr150 top speed?

Fair enough, whatever. If you don't want to prove it then no worries but it cannot be much effort to upload a video - I'm just keen to see it. I'm taking it the speed was GPS verified and not taken from the speedo? Very impressive for a 160bhp car. My Cupra couldn't do it, it struggles above...
  6. ibiza fr150 top speed?

Prove it then. Internet forums are full of bs claims like this but never any evidence. If you have evidence, I will happily retract my comment. Wow, I'm so happy for Civic owners. This one can't, with mods... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBr8TUTBkms
  7. Radio in 'safe' mode

I have the same problem, the given stereo code doesn't seem to be right. When I enter it and press PTY, nothing happens. So annoying!
  8. ibiza fr150 top speed?

:lol: I don't believe this at all and if you say it was your speedo that registered this, I'll laugh even more than I already am. I doubt it's even geared to hit this speed. Private road - my a$$.
  9. Oil message

I had a quick look through and couldn't see anything. You might be right though although it was serviced not long ago.
  10. Oil message

I have a Cupra Tdi and I've been getting the 'oil' message showing. I've checked the oil level and it looks fine, any ideas what might be causing this? Cheers
  11. MK4 Ibiza cupra tdi

I've had mine for 2 years with no issues yet. I've replaced the brakes and that's it. I can get 475 miles from a tank with mixed driving but you should average mid 40's unless you drive like a loon! Mine is remapped so the performance is not too bad - quicker than a VXR once moving. 200bhp with...
  12. 30-70 mph 3rd gear overtaking time?

Was gonna say...very quick for 3rd!
  13. 30-70 mph 3rd gear overtaking time?

I am running similar stats and this sounds about right, probably nearer 6 secs. I'v never gone for 80mph in 3rd as a change up is req'd if only to protect my ears! Can't see this on 125hp, sorry. How did you time this?
  14. TDI 130 or 20V T

Revving a petrol is more satisfying imo but I find it quite amusing when you can stick with petrol equivs in the diesel and only need to use between 2000 and 3000 rpm! It comes down to what you prefer and as mentioned, test both cars and work out what you can afford. I loved my Clio Cup but...
  15. Results of rolling road test before and after remap (title changed)

Yeah, although these are impressive numbers and VAG's tend to exceed their quoted power, it's easy for companies to make their customers happy by changing the resistance of their rollers. Not saying this was done here but the only way to be sure is to check it somewhere else and take the average.
  16. FR uprated rear discs and pads

As above, the rear brakes do sod all work on these cars so no need to upgrade unless you are doing track work or just want brake ****!
  17. TDI Cupra vs FR

Wait until you are 32 - insurance becomes cheap! £190 last year on the Cupra but it jumped by £80 last renewal!? The Cupra can be tiresome on crappy roads, as it's a very harsh ride! I believe the FR copes much better with potholes etc, which you may want to consider.
  18. Mk4 PD130 Remap

Agree with the above comments but to add, it depends how you drive as to how your clutch will cope. They will cope with 300lbs/ft but not for very long if the clutch is abused. I'm sure you'll enjoy, I am!
  19. Loss of power

Good to know, cheers.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.