Search results

1. Cupranation

Death of a Leon

My thoughts entirely, sad that some don't see it that way.
  2. Cupranation

Death of a Leon

Thanks - don't worry he is very laid back about it. He has an interesting take on budget motering - he has just said that if he had the belt changed every 4 years as per the schedule he would have just been comming up to the 4th change - in his mind that has made him £800 better off over 11...
  3. Cupranation

Death of a Leon

Near Atherstone
  4. Cupranation

Death of a Leon

So my dozy father finally killed his Leon. To my utter amazement he had never had the cam belt changed. I suppose that it sheds some light on the debate as to how long a cam belt lasts rather than how many miles it will do. The answer is 11 years (and 38k miles) :lol: The question is what...
  5. Cupranation

Door lock nightmare

wow - thanks for the quick replies - have ordered the lock repair kit, will let you know how I get on :happy:
  6. Cupranation

Door lock nightmare

Hi all, I haven’t posted for ages since I sold my 1p Cupra a while back but I need some help now with my parent’s 1n. So the story goes as follows: Remote key fob stopped working, changed the battery but still no good, the red light didn’t flash when you press the lock/unlock button...
  7. Cupranation

How many miles to justify a Diesel?

Its not bad at all. Softer than a FR/Cupra but still tight, good body control, little roll and a vastly better ride (probably due to slightly longer wheelbase). Only thing I don't like is that the steering is quite a lot lighter and the front end feels a bit vauge at times. Compared to a lot of...
  8. Cupranation

How many miles to justify a Diesel?

I guess a lot of it comes down to what floats your boat. What I can say however is that having both a Cupra and an Octavia vRS CR 170 in the household, is that the driving experience is very different and this affects the economy in different ways. Its also worth thinking about what the cars...
  9. Cupranation

Folding Mirrors by remote

do they still fold when you turn the mirror button by the handbrake to the fold position? This would tell you if its a problem with the key or the folding mechanisms.
  10. Cupranation

What do you think its worth?

Not sure what next - tricky. The wife's Octavia VRs is a company car and is going back soon, looks unlikely that she is going to be able to have another estate car which is a big issue when you have 3 dogs and a large caravan to tow :think: One thing is for sure, the dogs and the caravan are...
  11. Cupranation

What do you think its worth?

I'm thinking of changing my Cupra but am really unsure as to how much it is worth. It's an emocion red 2007 57 reg with 18,100 on the clock. I am the second owner and as it was registered in November 2007 it's still under Seat warranty until Nov 2010. There is full service history with all...
  12. Cupranation

2009 Seat Leon front fog light lamps

They changed from H3 to HB4 sometime around late 2007 iirc
  13. Cupranation

You can have iPod and Aux in if you try!

Not too bad. I removed the plastic side pannel on the transmission tunnel with a good pull outwards and towards the front (two clips I think) plenty of space behind it to run wires. Also removed the small trim directly below the handbrake to route the wires underneath be careful with this...
  14. Cupranation

You can have iPod and Aux in if you try!

For reasons only known to me I wanted an iPod connection with a difference. Firstly I wanted the iPod in the armrest rather than the (easier) glovebox location, secondly I wanted to keep an aux in input as I sometimes also carry music on my phone as well as on an iPod. Generally whatever...
  15. Cupranation

Steering wheel controls don't work Ipod....

I used the Dension gateway with canbus support so that I can have full control from the steering wheel and the MFD :D
  16. Cupranation

Rear Light Failure - Things to check?

did you put the new bulb in regardless? or did you look at the old bulb and think not blown so wont change it? I had a blown bulb that actually looked completely perfect, the glass was clear and you could see that the fillament didn't look broken. It was blown however becuse it worked as soon...
  17. Cupranation

Rear exterior door handles

I had the opposite problem earlier in the week on a really cold morning. Opened the rear door from the outside, it opened but then refused to latch shut. The exterior handle was all floppy and of course I couldnt drive anywhere becuase I couldn't keep the door shut! Waited 20 mins with the...
  18. Cupranation

Unleaded or Super for Revo stage 1 Cupra

I always use BP Ultimate (as the nearest Shell is miles away)
  19. Cupranation

Cam Belt Change When???

As far as I understand the material that timing belts are made of ages and becomes more brittle with age. This aging process is not related to the wear a belt will experience through its normal use. Therefore it is just as likely that the belt can break through how many miles it has done as how...
  20. Cupranation

Had to scrape the ice off the inside of the windscreen this morning.

I use the screen demist button every morning at the moment without a problem.....:confused:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members