Search results

1. evokid

Engine Management Light and Codes!!

Well reset the codes and thus far not returned! Prob lambda sensor on way out? Seems to be ok apart from that, will check for boost leaks when weather permits!!;) My Cam Adjuster has been noisy (Goes away with revs)and needs changing! So planning to do oil pump, cam adjuster and pick up along...
  2. evokid

Engine Management Light and Codes!!

Ok Had EML come on 2 days ago, with car driving no different it seems!! Just been out and read these fault codes? 16804 - 16804/P0420/001056 - Catalyst System; Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold Possible Causes Leakage in Intake and/or Exhaust System Catalyst faulty Oxygen Sensor(s)...
  3. evokid

How does car insurance work?

Policies have risen 25-40% due to all the NO WIN NO FEES claims and the STAGED CRASHES!!! As always the masses have to pay for the theiving scumbags!!! :ban:
  4. evokid

Couple of LC/LCR technicals?

Thats right shocks and springs are fine to fit alone. I changed front and rear top mounts whilst doing it too. Its hard to say the difference as my old shocks were worn so it was a world of difference. I didnt actually notice any difference in ride height from std! Its a firm ride, but not...
  5. evokid

Couple of LC/LCR technicals?

You can fit the LCR std shocks no problem, i have it on my LC. As the others have said, you will just have 2 places to mount ARB's. :p Obviously you'd need to change alot more to use the ARB from LCR though...Well ARB and Droplinks.
  6. evokid

front wipers - stange behaviour

If they were fine before, try squirting alot of wd40 down spindle shaft from outide.... Ours were messing about it turns out wiper spindles were dry/corroded...
  7. evokid

1.8 20v IDLE RATTLE WORSE

Is that fitted? Or for the part? :D I'm gonna do the spanner work myself, but pricing up all the parts. Guess it could lead to failure if left too long?
  8. evokid

1.8 20v IDLE RATTLE WORSE

Hi have 2001 Cupra, its always had a diesel sound on startup which usually goes away after 1-2 seconds....Lately its started doing it on Idle too even after a long drive....Rev throttle and it clears!! Am i right to assume this is the Cam tensioner inside head, or looking at oil pump failure?Or...
  9. evokid

starting the car up

Mine was doing this too....Took off secondary air pump and fixed it as per this guide... http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/141240.aspx Mine now fixed and no blowing sound :D
  10. evokid

Could you bore out a 1.8T Cupra R Engine?

Link for one variant http://www.034motorsport.com/engine-components-18t-stroker-kit-18t-to-2008cc-p-18643.html
  11. evokid

knocking at idle after 5 mins of running!

Mine does this sometimes, it goes away with revs? Mine is deffo the Cam chain tensioner...Intend to change it, cambelt and oil pump all at once!!! Fed up of the deisel noise on start up, and idle sometimes!!! :confused:
  12. evokid

JOM Coilovers?

From the looks of it BLUE's Have Coilover fronts and normal rears Red's Have Coilover front and rear? Look very good value, i will be trying these too i reckon....
  13. evokid

oil light on really faint.

I have exactly the same thing, previously asked a question bout dimmly lit dash lights? But had no answers. :cry: My OIL light comes on faintly and flashing always on engine start, and goes off after second or 2. But i also have Airbag and Brake wear sensor lit dimmly too? Not sure if this...
  14. evokid

engine flush

Interesting post, so what's a good aftermarket tdi oil to put in to try? May try this on my lc for 500 miles then change for good synthetic.
  15. evokid

audi tt wheels??????

If they are mk1 TT wheels will go straight on....See my avatar, have my old ones off my TT ;)
  16. evokid

Adjusting gear box linkages

Nice find.......Will try that too........;)
  17. evokid

Does 1 Inch Really Make a Difference?

If your happy with the 15"s then id stay with them, me personally would go 17 or 18 from there, purely on looks of the car. But as you say cost is factor, then personally stay with 15's. You can buy Audi TT mk1 genuine ronal alloys on ebay for not much money used? which are 17's and most have...
  18. evokid

Tapping noise from the engine of a Cupra?!

Did they change the Oil if so? Which spec? Maybe too thin?
  19. evokid

new fault on abs now

Oddly enough i have exactly the same code (except the electrical circuit one) I have replace Both front ABS sensors and the loom on left hand side as plug was damaged and wire cut.... Mine was initailly failing ABS module and Sensor, repaired as above, Reset and all fine for months.....Now...
  20. evokid

Found the boost leak issue LCR!|

Sounds like you had compressor surge, air flowing wrong way thru turbo! Hence bent...:cry:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.