Search results

1. slappy_dunbar

LCR W.I.P Update K04 Hybrid- F23 Here, mini review page 50

It's from fall '11. Here's how the adapter fits
  2. slappy_dunbar

Bill -- I still might have one of the TIPs you sent me last year. I am not sure if they're V1, V2 etc, but you machined the metal adapter to fit the F23s bigger inlet shroud. Should I send one of those metal pieces to Chi-Town, Robbie?
  3. slappy_dunbar

That's about right. For those of you who enjoy interpreting BorgWarner nomenclature, the F23 is a 2380 to the K04's 2283. So while BW doesn't produce a 2380 wheel, I like to adhere to their naming conventions.
  4. slappy_dunbar

I believe the pictured housing is Chinese. Not that there's a fault in that. Hehe. But sometimes those guys overseas don't get the wastegate bushing seated right, causing it to come free of the turbine casting. After seeing this happen often enough ourselves we've taken to welding the...
  5. slappy_dunbar

If you've got any doubts about that DV, Robbie, be rid of it. I'm not at all married to the "Diverterinator". It's just a valve ...with a great name. And it's got a particular voice. If you don't care for it, swap in anything else. Whatever you run won't impact performance.
  6. slappy_dunbar

Arriving here today, in fact. :yes:
  7. slappy_dunbar

Same thing happening here, but with a ClutchMasters FX400. O2M Haldex transmission. I have blown through 4 slaves, with the fourth already konking out after ~200 miles.
  8. slappy_dunbar

I know the big-port heads have their allure, but I was never able to definitely prove that performance on an AEB head was any better than it was on the normal BEA narrow-port unit. At least not with an F23. However, it is the case that the "RS4" profile cams were originally developed for a...
  9. slappy_dunbar

SAMS BLACK LCR GT2871 build. THE END :( !!!

I don't want to derail Sam's thread here. What he's learning with this "big turbo" test is really pertinent to my "small turbo" metier. I've got my own thread on vortex, which I'll update shortly.
  10. slappy_dunbar

Interesting. Well, the FrankenTT is completely apart now, getting an AWP installed in place of the BEA. So its compression ratio will go up a tick. Curious to see how the FrankenStroker holds up under higher cylinder pressures.
  11. slappy_dunbar

Sam -- what engine code and compression ratio are you running?
  12. slappy_dunbar

You need to post logs, sir. Compare your times-to-speed when maxing 265 versus 285. I've no doubt you're seeing those airflows (on a Garrett, yes?), but it's a question whether the added flow is actually a benefit.
  13. slappy_dunbar

Not without giving that discontinued 034 unit its chance. That manifold has a gaping big 46mm outlet at the flange. So the turbo's got to be machined to match. Something even more opened-up than this:
  14. slappy_dunbar

If it's any consolation, this is exactly how I feel about the FrankenTT's FX400 clutch. It's out of the car for the FOURTH time right now. Garbage.
  15. slappy_dunbar

Robbie - despite what CR Turbo is telling you, that turbo sure is acting like it's got a 2280 wheel. But it's possible they sourced a 2474-series wheel from the turbo for Volvo's S60R. That car is running the 5324-970-7400 model turbo. Regardless, I think your trouble is the clipped turbine...
  16. slappy_dunbar

My first log, be gentle with me LOL!!

The MAF numbers are fairly close for a K04 boosting less than 1bar. ~165g/s is only a touch shy of the ~175-180 seen typically. Clean the MAF sensor? Pressure test?
  17. slappy_dunbar

K03s

45mm
  18. slappy_dunbar

uprated actuator an wow

Bottling up those exhaust gases will push the temperatures up. Are you monitoring your EGTs? I'd say any modification from normal evacuation of the exhaust should be accompanied by a way to monitor how hot your head is getting. An EGT monitor is a cheap item. You should consider it.
  19. slappy_dunbar

Baffle on K03s ?

If you're looking to do a housing swap, you're going to need to find a K03-053. Here in the states it was used on the VW Beetle, but it was also used on the Bora and Octavia. A non-muffled housing was also used extensively elsewhere, but it was machined for a smaller compressor wheel and...
  20. slappy_dunbar

K03s/K04 hybrid turbo - advice please

The K03s and K04-001 share the 2075-series compressor wheel. And their hot sides are functionally identical. The K03s has a 45/40mm turbine while the K04-001 is nominally bigger at 46/42. Are you by chance proposing a hybrid using the 2075 compressor matched to a larger 50/42 turbine from a...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.