Search results

1. NinjaPirateUK

1.8 TSI fuel leak and a rant

Yeah, both were done under the TPI notices after I reported the issue to the dealer. Suspension is ok, but the doors are worse than before the dealer touched them.
  2. NinjaPirateUK

1.8 TSI fuel leak and a rant

Yet more messing about with my 1.8 TSI FR. The car had stood for a few days over New Year, and when I got in it yesterday night and started driving I noticed a smell of petrol through the vents. Over the next 6-7 miles I 'used' just short of a third of a tank, but figured I was so close to...
  3. NinjaPirateUK

Handbrake issues

I've had conversations with two separate dealerships regarding the handbrake, both have told me that the handbrake operates inboard drum brakes within the rear hubs. That said, I've also got very little faith in SEAT dealership's ability to do anything beyond selling cars to people, let alone...
  4. NinjaPirateUK

Handbrake issues

The hill hold assist holds the brakes for a couple of seconds when you release the brake pedal on an incline. This allows you to transition your right foot from the brake to the accelerator and pull away without needing the handbrake. It works great in normal conditions. However, I find that...
  5. NinjaPirateUK

Handbrake failure

I agree, my last Mk2 had a much more positive feel to it as well. Pulling it on 7-9 clicks is what the dealer recommended to me.
  6. NinjaPirateUK

Handbrake failure

Yeah, another forum member and myself have had issues with the car rolling in gear. The 1.8 TSI manual certainly can't be trusted left on a slope.
  7. NinjaPirateUK

The car comes out of gear on the slope!!!

The handbrake on the Mk3 is an inboard drum brake that sits within the disc inside the wheel hub. The problem I have encountered, I am sure relates to the hill hold using the discs and the handbrake using the inboard drum. If you stop on an incline with your foot on the brake and apply the...
  8. NinjaPirateUK

I wasn't relying solely on the engine when mine rolled. The handbrake held it for about 5 hours, then started to creep. I'm not sure why, it was firmly applied. In normal circumstances you would expect the engine compression to hold the car, but it doesn't. The mechanical disadvantage to the...
  9. NinjaPirateUK

Mine rolls in gear too. I have a 1.8 TSI and if I park facing uphill in 1st gear on a fairly shallow gradient the car will actually crank the engine over backwards. The compression of the engine isn't up to much for holding the car it seems. After finding my car in the middle of the road one...
  10. NinjaPirateUK

Condensation in rear light cluster

It took me a total of 6 visits to the dealer and a lot of phone calls to SEAT CS to get mine swapped. I hope you have better luck than I did!
  11. NinjaPirateUK

Car rolling backwards... in gear

I tried it in reverse and it does the same thing. I was taught 1st facing uphill and reverse facing downhill, although I've been told different. I haven't tried facing downhill in-gear though. I've got the car back from having the thermostat sorted out today and had a chat with the service...
  12. NinjaPirateUK

I can confirm that it will roll back in 1st gear. The engine does seem to be turning over backwards, I can feel and hear the fuel sloshing back and forth between rotations if that makes sense? Not going to repeat it again, but I do plan on giving the dealership yet another thing to them to...
  13. NinjaPirateUK

Having arrived home and had a good look at it, I might have exaggerated slightly... Maybe 15 to 20 degrees having had a proper physical look at it. I see it every day, but trying to actually remember was harder than I thought! It seemed steeper in my head sat at work! The car doesn't seem to...
  14. NinjaPirateUK

The incline is about 25 degrees, 30 at the most, not what I would call particularly severe. I'm guessing a bit admittedly, not being at home at the moment. It was in 1st gear and it was definitely still engaged when I got into the car to move it afterwards. I deliberately didn't touch the...
  15. NinjaPirateUK

The car seems to be running ok, but I am going to mention it to them. I've never pulled the handbrake on with massive effort as it's never been required in any other car I've owned, including my old Mk2 Leon. Due to the lack of trust I have in it, I'm now pulling it on as much as possible...
  16. NinjaPirateUK

Last night I heard a loud 'crack' outside followed by a chugging sound which stopped pretty quickly. I looked out of the window to see my 1.8 TSI Leon in the middle of the road... The car had rolled backwards off the driveway (which is on an incline), whilst in 1st gear with the handbrake...
  17. NinjaPirateUK

Cost for LED Headlights

I'm very happy with mine. I'd rate them slightly behind the xenon units on my previous Mk2, but the difference between the two, in my opinion, is so close that it only comes down to personal preference. That said, I'd take xenon or LED over halogen without any hesitation.
  18. NinjaPirateUK

Hill hold, snow and inclines

It is indeed a manual. I hadn't thought of that at all... Maybe hill hold has made me lazy... I reckon using the clutch to 'sit' the car gently onto the handbrake would have done the trick. Getting up the drive did require some enthusiasm though, so it would be a very delicate balance to...
  19. NinjaPirateUK

I always do, but I can't do that until the engine is off.
  20. NinjaPirateUK

I'm not sure if all Mk3s have hill hold as standard. Normally it holds the car on the brakes so you can move straight to the accelerator when moving off on a hill. No handbrake required. It releases as you move away, but if you aren't quick enough it will let you roll back after a few...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.