Search results

1. F2 Stu

VW Lupo S 1.4 16v Daily Driver

Middle of last year it became apparent that I was going to be in need of a new daily driver, with the Alhambra to be gotten rid of end of the year and the Cordoba being taken off the road. after a bit of searching I found this VW Lupo going cheap on eBay and swiftly bought it. Only did I...
  2. F2 Stu

Intermittant running

Have had an intermittant problem with the Bus over the past few years which has come to a head this weekend basically the car would go into 'limp mode' as it were when driving, but it has had an easy fix by pulling over, turning off the ignition, waiting 30s then turing the engine one and...
  3. F2 Stu

2.0 8v AGG Idle Issue

Sods law just before selling it, the Ghetto GTi is playing silly buggers:rolleyes: Idles and drives fine from cold - but when upto temp its got a random spooky habit of ticking over rough as hell or reving upto 1500 rpm - 2500 rpm all on its own accord, then will idle fine...:confused: It...
  4. F2 Stu

Reccomend me a wheel wax

Ive searched but not really found an awnser... Basically I'm after wheelwax (or somthing) thats good enough to repel/protect brake dust from a carbon metalic based brake pad which sticks like **** to a blanket. Awnsers on a postcard to........
  5. F2 Stu

Mk2 Ibiza GTI 8v Daily Driver/Restoration Project - Scrapped.

With the Cordoba being too impractical for daily use and the Mk3 Golf, despite serving me very well was needing a whole load cash/time put into it to get it to last another year was in need of replacement. Been toying with the idea of getting another Mk2 Ibiza for a while and for those who...
  6. F2 Stu

Mk3 Golf GL Gti International prep

With Golfy going to Inters on the SCN stand decided to make an attempt to spruce it up a teeny bit Products: A bucket, Some old car shampoo I found and a sponge thats seen better days Step 1 - rinse car todays showers havent quite done the job sohave lobbed a bucket of water over...
  7. F2 Stu

Battery Dimensions

Whats the height/width/length of a battery thats on the 2.0l 8/16v? Not got mine to hand to measure:D
  8. F2 Stu

Coilover Springs

I have come to the conclusion that the springs on my FK coilovers are crap/too soft. How do I go about selecting alternate springs?
  9. F2 Stu

Basic car wiring for the electrically inept

Right Ive got a light I wish to wire into the headlight switch. The light has 2 wires to it, the question is 'how'?:)
  10. F2 Stu

Another pramming session....

Right thats it, Ive had enough. 3rd year in a row its done it now and I'm not impressed. grrrrrr :D
  11. F2 Stu

Denied

For some reason it wont let me post in the 'Accessories Wanted' section :confused:
  12. F2 Stu

Black or White?

Its wheel refurb time:) A little voice says get them done back to the white they where in when the wheels were on the Ibiza but loving the sinister look of the black finish:shrug: Any other colour not an option:)
  13. F2 Stu

Worn top mount after less than 1.5k?

Back in April I fitted new FK Coilovers with new topmounts allround from ECP. Today I had the Cordoba Mot'd and it failed on top-mount with excessive play (which I witnessed personally) which is very stange as the Mount has covered less than 1500 miles since fitting the new suspension...
  14. F2 Stu

I cant get no sleep.

Righto anybody else following been following the action from Le Mans all night:sleepy: Found it strangley addictive for somthing thats god awful boring
  15. F2 Stu

What does this box do?

Whilst stripping out the interior on the Cordy I came across this thingy majig Ive no idea what it does buts It could do with removing - I'm not that clued up with elecrical systems & dont want to chop it off without knowing wha it does. Its has 'Infinity' & 'Kappa' on the casing...
  16. F2 Stu

2.0 16v intermittant misfire

Picked up a little gremlin in the past few weeks Started off with it missing at 3k rpm - warmed up and then dissapeared - perfectly fine after that. Did a not so clever thing by jetting the engine bay out last monday to suss out an oilleak :doh: ran like crap upto 4k rpm (no ****) - dryed...
  17. F2 Stu

Bulge's

Bit of an odd one this I'm after a Bulge of some discription around 24x5+" big in either sheet metal fibreglass. Nothing max power please. Cheers
  18. F2 Stu

My Cordoba Coupe Trackday Car Project

Braved the frost/cold today to fit my new brake setup of Mk4 Ibiza Cupra Seat Sport AP 4 piston calipers & 312mm discs. Sorted out the troublesome brakes unions a a couple of weeks ago that prevented me from fitting them back in August last year The calipers themselves have been 'adapted'...
  19. F2 Stu

Newman Cams

After some indecision with what camshafts to get for the Cordoba, I contacted Newman cams as they were local and was invited for a factory tour. So last Thursday I mosey'd down there, got shown round the works - not alot happening as its a slow time of year for them. Loads of machinery...
  20. F2 Stu

98 Cordoba Steering wheel boss woes

Today, I decided to attempt ot fit my Sparco steering wheel. Had a great start as I ignored the 1st steps of this guide - I wondered why the airtbag wiring loom snapped off thus unraveling the ribbon inside :redface: :doh: . things went from bad to worse after I disconnected the airbag...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.