Search results

1. Rob McCool

Screen Swap

I had an MiB2 system with the larger screen fitted to my 2013 fr184(Mib1 originally)six months ago.Being able to use google maps or waze instead of the standard factory satnav is the most impressive improvement.
  2. Rob McCool

18" tyres recommendation for FR 1.4

I have the same size wheels and have found continental contact 5 or 6 on my fr184 are both fairly quiet and last well.Also good road holding and braking.I've also had good year asymmetric 3 which are also top notch. Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  3. Rob McCool

What Rear Shocks for a FR184

Thanks for the information.I did manage to find out the current sachs OEM part no (318 202)but as you have fitted and rate the bilstens highly I think I'll go with them. Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  4. Rob McCool

What Rear Shocks for a FR184

My 2013 fr184 currently has 5Q0513029FF Sachs shocks.I was advised they are showing signs of corrosion(they don't look too bad to me but I have visions of them giving up the ghost on our upcoming holiday in Scotland!)so am looking to fit new( I'm going to have a go at fitting them myself as it...
  5. Rob McCool

HELP Car reg cloned??

I had the same problem a few years ago when I received a speeding ticket from police Scotland in an area I'd never visited. If you have Google time line on your phone that could show where you where at the time of the alleged incident. Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  6. Rob McCool

Fuel filler door central locking

Can you post a picture of the cable? Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  7. Rob McCool

Removing silica bag from coolant header tank

Blew out the expansion tank cap.Changing the expansion tank is fairly easy.I purchased a silicate free tank(cost around €25).There's some very helpful videos on you tube in how to change the tank. Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  8. Rob McCool

Removing silica bag from coolant header tank

I had this tank version on my 2013 Leon FR184 and had the losing coolant problem .Brian Gordon-Stables gave me some very helpful advice on how to change the matrix and expansion tank.I did this about a month ago and so far,so good.
  9. Rob McCool

There's a plastic tube which attaches to the black surround.Any fuel spill runs away through it. Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  10. Rob McCool

I used this method and it worked fine.I bought a small tube of black silicone off Ebay and covered the indent holes with it with decent results. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  11. Rob McCool

Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Was a present but a quick look on Google and saw this,there are slightly different variations too...
  12. Rob McCool

Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

I had to share a picture of my new t shirt
  13. Rob McCool

150 bhp or 184 bhp FR?

I`ve had a few quick cars and have had my fr184 for 3 years now.It has great torque and I`ve never thought it boring..It`s currently being repaired following an elderly lady tail ending me!I`ve got a BMW 118i M series courtesy car which does`nt come close in performance or equipment level.
  14. Rob McCool

Cloned numberplate

I've just had an email from a police officer agreeing that the car pictured appears to be a leon cupra and the matter is now closed,although he has advised me to inform the dvla that my number plate has been cloned.. Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
  15. Rob McCool

Cloned numberplate

Here's the pictures the police sent Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
  16. Rob McCool

Cloned numberplate

The pictures they sent are quite blurred and were taken at night so the exhaust is`nt visible unfortunately,another thing I believe in my favour is it looks like the car in the pictures has a black or tinted glass roof which mine has`nt-I`d post the pictures they sent on the forum but I`m not...
  17. Rob McCool

Petrol Flap Stuck Closed

I had the same problem but my car was out of warranty.-When I got it open,I sprayed the locking pin/mechanism with silicone spray which seems to have cured it .
  18. Rob McCool

Cloned numberplate

The car looks similar to mine although anyone with any knowledge of leons would agree it`s a cupra I believe where as mine is a FR184.. I did`nt know about google time line so this is invaluable as it shows I was`nt in Scotland on the day in question-thanks for the information!:cheers:
  19. Rob McCool

Cloned numberplate

My own fault,I should have known better.I`ve had my car for 3 years which I bought from a Seat dealer in Swansea,as far as I can remember the number plate was`nt visible on any pictures or the video of the car they sent me..
  20. Rob McCool

Cloned numberplate

Just a heads up for other forum members,I received a speeding ticket from Police Scotland in early March saying my car had been photographed speeding(87mph) on the A90 near Drumlithie . I`ve never been there in my life and thinking it was a scam I ignored it..A month later I received a second...