Search results

1. Jordanwaterhous

Any LED rear bulbs work?

Because i've done it. I replaced my standard bulbs with LED bulbs and they were constantly on even when I wasn't braking. EDIT: However if you were to add a resistor of some kind then this wouldn't happen, but i wasn't about to start butchering my electricals all for some pretty lights.
  2. Jordanwaterhous

Any LED rear bulbs work?

Let's FB message rather than cluttering thread hah
  3. Jordanwaterhous

Any LED rear bulbs work?

Hahah yeah im not really on these forums anymore! I'm got tired of telling people the same thing haha... Ibiza is being sold!
  4. Jordanwaterhous

Any LED rear bulbs work?

LED brake lights in the place of standard halogen bulbs are dangerous. The LED's light up when you aren't braking or have your lights on. They will also knacker your brake light switch. Don't do it, if you want LED rear lights, buy a dectane set.
  5. Jordanwaterhous

215 tyres over 205, noticeable difference...?

I'm not sure on how familiar you are with how tyre sizing works. 215/45 are 10mm wider than 205/45. The 45 (profile) is a percentage of the width. So if you have 205/45 over 215/45, the tyre will be narrower, with a slightly lower profile, but slightly larger profile than standard. This means...
  6. Jordanwaterhous

215 tyres over 205, noticeable difference...?

Factory are 205/40/17 on MK4 Ibizas. 225/45/17 will ruin the car, it will ruin the turning circle. It will also sit like a monster truck. It will also gear the car up, which wrecks fuel economy and wears the clutch out quicker. Having had an Ibiza on 215/45/17, I would recommend against them...
  7. Jordanwaterhous

Draining + Bleeding Brakes

If you're having to ask how to do it, then i think you shouldn't be going anywhere near it. Not worth risking your life and/or someone elses for the sake of paying £20 for a professional to do it.
  8. Jordanwaterhous

Fabia VRS Suspension

I'd imagine they are the same as Ibiza FR/PD130. So they'll probably provide the same ride!
  9. Jordanwaterhous

Front Seat Subframes

Yes they will.
  10. Jordanwaterhous

Any hitmen on here?

Poor thing. You should go have a look at it and use the 'Spear' to stab the owner.
  11. Jordanwaterhous

Squeaking noise!

Like this? If so then its the top mount bearing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd938CyY81I&feature=plcp
  12. Jordanwaterhous

Removal of side bump strips

They definitely do not look better without, unless you get the smoothed out. I took mine off a while ago to paint them, now cant find any trim tape strong enough to hold them on against the elements, so i'm having to order a new set for one side. If i was you, i would buy a new set and colour...
  13. Jordanwaterhous

My new 2007 FR 'Jaffa Cake'

Maybe :hide:
  14. Jordanwaterhous

Gear gaitor removal

My gaitor is stapled to the plastic suround. You could remove the staples and then staple them again once finished?
  15. Jordanwaterhous

It's a spoiler question

Et Voila...http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=335392
  16. Jordanwaterhous

fr steering wheel

As I said as far as i'm aware they didn't make one, never seen a Pre facelift with steering wheel controls, because i've never seen a pre facelift steering wheel with the controls! EDIT: A quick google took me to this : http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=355500 So steering wheel...
  17. Jordanwaterhous

fr steering wheel

As far as I'm aware, pre facelift's weren't available with steering wheel controls. A facelift steering wheel will fit on a pre facelift, but the steering wheel controls wont work on it as the the car hasn't got the capability for them. You could retrofit it, but it would be very expensive and...
  18. Jordanwaterhous

fr steering wheel

Pre FL and FL steering wheel airbags are completely different. A Pre-FL airbag will not fit on an FL airbag.
  19. Jordanwaterhous

Anybody had a windscreen replacement?

Got mine for £120 fitted. Autoglass wanted £400!
  20. Jordanwaterhous

Mk4 Golf .:R32

Didn't know Scott had sold his! Looks good.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise