Search results

1. What to do with my Lumina Orange SC

Was considering white wheels to tell the truth. Well WRC Sounds good. Will have to have a proper look into it. Oh well still got to finish off all the mechanical stuff this weekend then will hit the design next week. I'll try to get some before pics up this weekend.
  2. What to do with my Lumina Orange SC

As for the finish I have built all sorts with fibreglass from water tanks to boats. It's my first time on a car but know what I'm doing with fibreglass.
  3. What to do with my Lumina Orange SC

I can't lower the car coz I live in malta and some of the roads were imported from the moon. To lower the gap between the wheels and the arches I was thinking of extending the current arches by going with the same lines which will get the wheels closer to the arches and give a bit of a wider...
  4. What to do with my Lumina Orange SC

Not gonna buy a kit that already exists. Gonna build it myself and no not my first time before anyone thinks I'm nuts. I've been working with fibreglass since I was 12 at my uncle's factory.
  5. What to do with my Lumina Orange SC

:help: Hi everyone. A few months ago I had a bit of trouble after aquaplaning into a wall on a turn. Anyway, now I have got my parts and putting the car back together, but decided, since I'm gonna have to re spray anyway, why not build a body kit for it. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas...
  6. Stability/Traction/Grip

Probably this weekend.
  7. Stability/Traction/Grip

The grip on the Ibiza is amazing. But once it goes, it goes. No warning. Trust me, I'm rebuilding the front end of mine :(
  8. Lowering springs

You can get away with it. But not gonna get anywhere near the traction you would get by setting it up properly. It's like setting your fuel pressure without a pressure guage. You could get the engine running but would be a waste of an engine compared to one that is set up properly. Whether you...
  9. Lowering springs

you need scales to ensure balance tho. make sure they do it with either you in the drivers seat or a weight in the drivers seat.
  10. Lowering springs

Just a quick note for anyone who is going to fit coilovers. Make sure that once you get the height you want, go to a garage with scales to finish them off or you will be wasting a lot of money from loosing out on handling from inpropper (is that a word?) installation. There is no way you can...
  11. Lowering springs

Personally would go for the Eibach Pro Street as the Variant 1 KWs are their lowest entry level model and there is only around £300 difference. I know it may sound like a lot to some, but when you take into consideration that you will probably end up upgrading and paying for both sets if you...
  12. Lowering springs

For that much you can pick up a set of KW variant 1 coilovers.
  13. radio controls on stalk

are you pressing and holding or tapping the buttons. if you are just tapping and that is happening then go see the dealership to get it fixed.
  14. radio controls on stalk

Because up and down or the scroller wheel is to scan for the next station. Use the left and right buttons on the stalk to switch between presets. (if I understood you right that is. If you are using the controls on the stereo itself you need to select station from the memory folder)
  15. Just Taken delivery of 1.4 sport

I have had mine for 3 months now and still grin like hannibal when i get in it.
  16. Armrest fitting?

Why do you want that thing. I had it on mine and got it removed and a cupholder fitted. As you are driving an FR it will only affect you when putting up the hand brake but to anyone driving a manual, tust me, try driving with it first. If you are no taller than a small child then you will have...
  17. Daft Question - Removing Rear Ligt Cluster

Undo the plastic nut in the boot and push it towards the back of the car from the side of the cluster.
  18. 1.4/1.6 Sport owners??

I'm quite happy with my 1.4 sport. I feel it could do with a bit more power, but then again I think that about every car I've had and even when I mod and get that power I still think it could do with more :P
  19. ESP only an extra in UK ?

ESP optional and you should get 4 airbags as standard.
  20. Cornering lighting - seriously RTFM!

Just so nobody gets confused I am talking about the reversing light. There is no reflector for the missing rear fog light. I'm guessing it is because the reverse light is clear and the rear fog is not (red so you can't really see inside unless you look at it close up).
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise