Search results

1. Removing the TDI badges - can't get glue off

Yeah not had much luck getting it off tried everything must be super glue it certainly looks like it :( maybe I'll just re-stick then back on Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. New Owner and Questions re 'Tramlining'

Do you just mean how the steering pulls left/right when you ride over dips and dumps etc? Mine does this i presume its normal as the power steering is quite heavy, i think my fronts are Potenza RE050A's :225/45/91W 17" I've changed my rears to Dunlop sport maxx RT's due do a puncture, but won't...
  3. Steaming up

I used to get this on my Mk2 Leon, and also on my Exeo. Switch the vents to the footwells and then turn the air system off before turning off the engine the day before. It should reduce the amount of moisture getting into the cabin?
  4. Removing the TDI badges - can't get glue off

Wow thanks for the responses everyone! I think I'll try out the WD40 route as it sounds the safest approach, I'll report back here once I've had a go ! :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Removing the TDI badges - can't get glue off

Well, i tried again, and failed :) Looking at various videos on the internet, they show a black tacky looking glue which looks easy to remove. The glue on my badges isn't tacky in any way, its clear, very hard and brittle, bit like super glue?? I tried picking at it with my nails but they were...
  6. Removing the TDI badges - can't get glue off

Cheers I'll tackle it tomorrow hopefully it will come off then I'll look at the other side of the car! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Removing the TDI badges - can't get glue off

Aha so it's a case of some good elbow grease ! I'll have to give this another go in the morning. Cheers for the input :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Removing the TDI badges - can't get glue off

Hi all, Last year whilst cleaning the car I managed to pull off one of the 'i' letters from the front side with a cloth. I thought if finish the job as looking at the various de badge threads it would look better removing the rest. I used a hair dryer then dental floss to remove the remaining...
  9. Buying 2012MY 2.0TDi CR Exeo ST Sport Tech

Yeah I've been considering a remap once the cars warranty ends and probably some lowering springs as it sits quite high up. But id still like to swap it if i could :)
  10. Buying 2012MY 2.0TDi CR Exeo ST Sport Tech

It's a good car, I love mine, only regret is i should of tried to get a 170 sport tech, as I miss having Xenon's and even though the 143ps is actually quite nippy, would prefer more, If i could swap mine for another 12 plate i would :)
  11. de badged

Think ill remove my side badges at least, one of my 'i' s came off when my towel caught it so might as well finish the job! :)
  12. Vent mount for iPhone

This looks perfect never heard of this one I'm going to try the vent mount !
  13. Noise when turning steering wheel

Got mine back today, mine had a faulty steering pump, must of been faulty from the factory. Steering is noticeably quieter and feels lighter, glad I got them to check it out!
  14. Noise when turning steering wheel

Just got a call from the garage after dropping the car off this morning, they said there was a fault and have ordered a part, not sure what exactly yet but I'm pleased I got it checked under warranty! Ill update once I find out more details.
  15. My new arrival....

Congrats they are nice cars I'm jealous you got xenons I do miss having those!
  16. Noise when turning steering wheel

Took mine to the garage today and had a techy come and hear mine, he said it does sound rather noisy and doesn't think it's normal, cars booked in for next Monday be interesting if they find anything wrong.
  17. Noise when turning steering wheel

This is how mine is, doing the lid up full then unscrewing shows its just a smudge above the min marker, could that be cause of a consistent noise turning?
  18. What Mpg do you get?

My average according to road trip is 45.84 over 8300 miles. Mixed driving few trips to Edinburgh from London. Best I've ever got was around 53 average on 1 long trip. The trip computer has seen 59.9 but traffic sorts that out nicely !
  19. Noise when turning steering wheel

I thought it was normal mines made a noise since new, I'd say steering was somewhat heavy but put that down to it being a heavier car, over a Leon, it's 140 model. Perhaps I should ask the dealer too.
  20. Its at the dealers :-)

I think white goes well with the ST model nice looking car ! The mirrors fold with the driver door control unless you have memory seats I believe?