Search results

1. Sparkie

To Sell or Not To Sell?

So I’m torn between wanting to keep my cherished beast and selling up to move onto something new. When not driving it, I think of selling but once behind the wheel, even at legal speeds the car still puts a smile on my face. It’s so far from the standard car I bought. On one hand it’s...
  2. Sparkie

Free “R” passenger seat.

So I finally changed my passenger seat today. It’s only been in the back room 2 years!! As a result I have a front passenger seat for a Cupra R. No rips tears or damage. Not been sat in much tbh. Could do with a wet vax to make it like near new again. Free to first person to collect...
  3. Sparkie

Getting on a Ferry in a Lowered LCR!

Ok so recently back from Europe trip. Took big Merc estate. Spain and Portugal were sorely lacking in hardcore Mk1’s. Roads were amazing and I wished I’d taken the Leon. ( but not while in traffic! ) Next year I want to jump on the ferry to Spain to cut the journey down. I’m worried my car...
  4. Sparkie

Need a Bracket for my Pro4 Manifold.

So I recently bought a second hand pro4 manifold. It didn’t come with the bracket for mounting. Do any of you guys have one knocking about that I could purchase? Kind of useless as it is. Cheers guys. Badger5 Custom Map + TIP, 3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s...
  5. Sparkie

Cold start problems. Help!

Hi guys I’m in need of some information please. For a few months through summer my car has on most occasions fired up with a cold start. With the revs up high. It’s done this even at midday in 20 degrees. It only does it for the first fire up. Once it’s been run for a minute it won’t do it...
  6. Sparkie

Quote time

Dan@AdrianFlux Who is best to contact to get a quote arranged? Badger5 Custom Map + TIP, 3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.
  7. Sparkie

GT Sport on PlayStation

So guys n gals, who races on GT Sport? No not Forza, GT Sport! Would be nice to race some new peeps. Badger5 Custom Map + TIP, 3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.
  8. Sparkie

ST300 Brake Pad Options

Hi guys. What are the available brake pad options for one of my good buddies who has an ST 300 4x4. It’s a 2017 facelift. He’d like a fast road /track orientated pad but is having trouble finding options out there. In addition anyone with knowledge about disc options too , it would be good...
  9. Sparkie

Mk3 rear wiper

Hi as per title The wiper arm on the rear of the mk3 is really ugly. Is there a better solution apart from deleting. What have you done? Do you have pics you can post? It’s for an ST but imagine it’s same for all mk3 leon platform? Cheers Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  10. Sparkie

PS4 GT Sport on line racing

Any of you lot use a PS4 to race GT sport? Fancy a little friendly racing? Thought we could start a few lobbies for friends on here and have a few races to pass the lock down time. If anyone is up for it, post a reply. If we get a few of us, we should link up. If you’re an X box player...
  11. Sparkie

Condensation in your Headlights.... Easy Fix.

Hi As per the title, here’s a quick fix for your steamed up head lights. Found the cure when one of my headlight clips had disappeared ( when changing charge pipe), which had then let in the damp. Not wanting to wait until summer to get it sorted I did the following. Ordered some Cilicia...
  12. Sparkie

Wierd ticking noise in an ST 300.

Hi Asking for a pal, He test drove an ST today and loved it. Only thing is, He could hear a ticking noise in front of him. I expect similar to the carbon canister in the Mk1s but I don’t know. Is this a thing or was he hearing something else? It was probably not very loud ( he has digital...
  13. Sparkie

Loss of coolant

So turned the car over yesterday. Temp warning light comes on beeping etc. Pop the bonnet to find coolant level is below min level. No signs of loss. Top it up run the car. Thermostat opens and fans kick in Can’t see any signs of a leak anywhere. Bone dry. I’m slightly weirded out as my...
  14. Sparkie

Latest Tyre Squealing Vid @Bedford Autodrome

So with big thanks to @theoldboy for sorting us out with a booking, The CRX and the LCR were back out there having a right laugh. Nice cars there on the day. 328GTS one of my faves. Old Alfa and a Radical too. Note the car horn is an added sound effect to cover what I’m saying to a Lotus...
  15. Sparkie

Latest News on Warped Discs from trackday.

Ok so came away sure the discs were warped. Car juddering, steering rack bouncing and shaking. Brake pedal bouncing etc. From those more experienced than me, I’ve found that its pad pickup. When it gets too hot etc particles coming off the pad bond onto the disc surface and this builds up...
  16. Sparkie

Does your Steering Wheel Look Worn Iut?

If your steering wheel is looking rather used as mine was. You could have a go with this wheel restorer. Knicked the product off someone on here but thought you lot might want to see how effective it is. It’s on Amazon for 20 quid. I can say, it’s worth it. Comes with degreaser and leather...
  17. Sparkie

So Here’s a Vid of Me Spinning Off Track.

In my defence I was entering that corner about 8 miles an hr faster than I’d managed ever before. Oh and no bad language this time. Badger5 Custom Map + TIP, 3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.
  18. Sparkie

Video on Track @ Bedford Autodrome, ragging it with a Stripped 3 litre Beemer.

So I was at Bedford Autodrome on Monday. Great day. Amazing wheather. Car was hooning it. Here’s a vid of me mucking about with my mates CRX and a stripped bimmer. We had to keep slowing in 3 places for sound check points. Made it more fun as we let the bimmer through a couple of times, then...
  19. Sparkie

It Never Ends.... Bonnet Release Issue.

So the release in my bonnet decided to take a vacation. When pulling release inside the car it does pop bonnet up. On pulling external lever I’m getting nothing. What’s my options here? Ways to get in? Problem solving? Any help as need to charge battery etc. Badger5 Custom Map + TIP, 3”...
  20. Sparkie

Front strut Diameter

Hi I’m looking to change the suspension on my R and need to know the front strut diameter in order to order the correct parts. My car is a 55 plate LCR. Anyone know, or know where I’ll find this info out, I’d really appreciate the help. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.