Search results

1. rich146

FR alloy wheel choice

I prefer the look of the standard 17"s. The 18"s that are an upgrade option when ordering look like its trying too hard to look sporty but not quite pulling it off and dare I say it a bit tacky :). The design is too fussy. The Original 17"s look a bit Audi :)
  2. rich146

New FR ST 1.4 ACT and latest media system just arrvied

Ive been trying to decide between 18" dynamic upgrades or stick with standard 17" alloys and I prefer the standard ones. Just need to be sure before I order
  3. rich146

Soft paint???

No problem with paint chipping on my mk2 . Maybe yellow is a harder paint?? On a different subject, interesting to find out that SEAT have stopped doing the yellow. Could go in my favour when I want to sell.
  4. rich146

Seat Leon MK2 timing belt change intervals

Just been reading all the posts on here. If its recommended that a belt be changed at 40000 miles then my advice is pay it and get it done. There's obviously a reason why it's been reduced. Yes it means more profit in servicing but who said VAG will get the work!? I wonder how many drivers...
  5. rich146

RNS 310 Code issue ( Any thoughts?)

Took car and radio to Emmergreen Garage in Reading. Fantastic bunch. Always looked after me. Did some warranty work and decoded the radio for free with no problems whatsoever. All done in couple of hours. RNS 310 is a fantastic bit of kit and especially like the quality of the Blaupunkt sound...
  6. rich146

Thanks Cupra_ahhh! Ill give it a go when it arrives! Much appreciated. Rich
  7. rich146

double din fascia

Jarre Looks like my trim is same as in your photo link. Ive not yet found a match to that but closest is a black/grey with slight silver speckle. Where the hell do you get one as in the photo as they obviously exist? Cheers Rich
  8. rich146

Thanks very much for your help so far guys! Ill keep you posted . Cheers!
  9. rich146

Thanks Kev!
  10. rich146

Can anyone help? Im purchasing a RNS310 online to replace/upgrade my current one. The seller selling me the new radio now tells me they tried to get code but cant now. They took it to SEAT to get plugged in by the mechanics but SEAT cant get code unless a fault is showing apparently.The seller...
  11. rich146

seat leon stereo locked

Can anyone help? Im purchasing a RNS310 online to replace my current one. The seller selling me the new radio now tells me they tried to get code but cant now. They took it to SEAT to get plugged in by the mechanics but SEAT cant get code unless a fault is showing apparently.The seller was...
  12. rich146

Dual Antenna inputs on RCD 510

Hi Guys I think I have the wrong one. There must be a good reason why there are twin antenna points. If I use my current ordered one then I will only be using one of the twins. Ill order one from the links you left. Thanks very much for your help! Rich
  13. rich146

Dual Antenna inputs on RCD 510

Hi Guys Ive ordered one of these for my RCD510 (non DAB) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180942088439?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648 Is this wrong? Should I have gone for the single to double? Will it not work properly with the one ive ordered? Cheers Rich
  14. rich146

Upgrading to RCD310 - any issues?

Hi Yoon Thanks for this... I have a 2010 facelift Leon so perhaps im ok with the quadlock? I will go for VW anyway as I prefer the blue lights. Got the antenna adaptor for £10 from ebay all in so not too bad. Currently looking at my options with available radios Cheers Rich
  15. rich146

Cheers for the advice Yooni. Ive got the antenna adaptor on order and getting the trim sorted. Still awaiting reply from 310 seller as regards to code. Wont pay if I dont get it! So far , just not replying for 48hrs is pretty much enough to forget that one! Ill request a cancellation (if he...
  16. rich146

How much was the fascia from Dave if you dont mind me asking? Cheers
  17. rich146

Hi Jarre Thanks for the reply.... Yep just done that..contacted dave with VIN. I will need new fascia as I have the 2010 Leon with the previous system. Not massive upgrade but for £30 on ebay cant go wrong. Once ive done this upgrade willlook into 510 once that gets cheaper....im still...
  18. rich146

Ive just purchased the 310 on ebay to upgrade my pre 2011 head unit in my leon. Can anyone recommend a good match fascia? The 2011 leon models seem to have the silver fascias now? Mine is just black/grey. Should I also ensure I get the numeric code from the seller? Many thanks Rich
  19. rich146

Replacement- New 2012 Version Head Unit

Please note my heading should say 'Newer 2011 version...' sorry couldn't ammend this..
  20. rich146

Replacement- New 2012 Version Head Unit

Hi Can anyone tell me how easy it is to replace my 2010 model Leon with the newer 2011 head unit (cd unit)? Any issues I need to look out for or converters? Many thanks Rich
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.