Search results

1. JimWD vs Audi S3 8L

oh yes! Very much so. Thanks chap.
  2. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

Final picture courtesy of ‘Jimnotjon’ on flickr: Thanks to all those involved. Jim
  3. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

Managed to sneak the Audi Support Vehicle through… A couple of examples on how not to polish a car… And finished.
  4. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

En route to the show in convoy: Final prep on Saturday night before Sundays show:
  5. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

With my work almost out of the way, it was time for Adam to sort the arches, the wheels and the brakes. Adam got a telling off. Whilst changing the rear registration plate his mucky paws caught the paintwork and subsequently marred the finish. Douche bag.
  6. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

Interior wise, the seats were removed to allow wet vaccing of the carpets etc. At this point, the Porsche material on the seats themselves and the floor mats were also vac’d. Plastics cleaned with G101, various cloths, brushes and a JML magic sponge. Glass inside and out with 3M’s Glass...
  7. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

Water sheeted to aid drying (…even though it was raining!) Back inside and the car was blown dry with the Black Baron Vehicle Dryer. After an IPA wipedown to remove polishing oils, the car was waxed with my new premium wax, Raceglaze Black Label. Overspray spotted on the glass. Was...
  8. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

Toothpickery work to shift the residues caught up in the lettering: Adam set about polishing the exhaust with 00 wirewool and Autosol. Front bumper suffering badly. Out with the wool pad: Machine work complete. Outside to rinse.
  9. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

Before/After: Before/After: CF spoiler before/after: Rear light clusters very hazed and dull. Before/After:
  10. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

Lower edge of the front wing before/after: Before/after: N/S nearly there… Carbon fibre spoiler removed to gain better access to the bootlid and surrounds.
  11. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

O/S finished: At this point, my trusty Chicago rotary polisher had an electrical issue (as the cable goes up and over my shoulder to keep it from touching the paintwork, the wire tends to weaken and split overtime) No time to waste though, out with the Makita 9227CB which I’ve had boxed up...
  12. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

Done with lots of tape and small Hexlogic spot pads: 50/50 on the O/S door/wing: Bonnet polished with the Lake Country HT polishing: And refined with a Lake Country HT finishing pad: O/S front wing suffering from overspray and more sanding marks, Tackled with the light cut...
  13. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

50/50 on rear quarter: A deep one I wasn’t able to chase completely: Swapping to smaller spot-pads to reach areas that the large polishing pads couldn’t get to: O/S rear quarter complete: Hazy roofline before/after:
  14. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

O/S door before & after: Before/After: Little ledge on the door edge, before/during/after: Door complete:
  15. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

Sanding marks (DA ‘pigtails’), Machine holograms,
  16. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

As Adam would be taking the wheels off at a later date to deep clean and polish the splits, sort the arches and paint the calipers, I got stuck into the bodywork straight away. A fair bit of time was spent cleaning the intricate fiddly areas where a washmit would otherwise struggle to reach...
  17. JimWD vs G60 Corrado show prep

Hi all, been a while since I've posted here. Recently caught Maz's latest work so thought I'd list a few of my recent VAG jobs. Enjoy! :) VW Corrado G60 – ‘Ultimate Dubs 2011’ show prep A year goes by since Adam last had his Corrado on display indoors at the International Centre in Telford...
  18. JimWD vs Audi S3 8L

22 hours. Fini. The trouble, and, I know it would happen, is I want an S3 again now! A car to sit alongside the A4 as a mint demo car for weekend and show use only. Hmm. Better polish some more cars first! Thanks for reading. Jim
  19. JimWD vs Audi S3 8L

20. JimWD vs Audi S3 8L

Engine bay plastics dressed, Some final toothpickery work, Polish residues removes from gaps, badges and crevices, Glass cleaned. Tyres dressed. Paintwork wiped down. Audi badge polished and interior tickled.