Search results

1. Wiper motor reset after changing

Did you manage to get this sorted? Having the same issue with mine after finally getting both sides working again.
  2. Wiper woes

hi all, Passenger side wiper spindle had rusted and sheared off. I’ve replaced the whole motor/linkage today (second hand part - part number the same other than the new one has a b at the end whereas the old had a c). Passenger side now working fine, but as soon as I tried the wipers the drivers...
  3. Cabin vibration when stopped

After a longish drive (50mins/50 miles plus), when stuck in traffic or at traffic lights, car/cabin starts to noticeably vibrate. Intermittent issue - happens once/twice a month. Doesn’t matter if it’s in gear/neutral and the Rev counter doesn’t move. Clutch behaves normally, and there’s no...
  4. Leon FR suspension query

Yep, parts guy looked up using your diagram/part number and it is a sports suspension spring. I’ve ordered some suplex springs - hopefully arrive on Tuesday. Big Thanks for your help.
  5. Leon FR suspension query

Cheers. I’ve got yellow violet and green paint markings which if I’m reading it right means that it is not sports suspension-I thought it would have been...
  6. Leon FR suspension query

One of my front springs has broken, so need to replace the front pair. Not bothered about lowering etc but There’s a couple of different options depending on if the car has sports suspension or not. It’s a 2.0 TDI FR CR 170 59 plate. Am I right to assume that it’s got “sports suspension”?
  7. New Ateca

9 months! is that across different engines or just on the 1.4t?
  8. Leon FR CR170 Exhaust Replacement

Can you not just have the bracket welded?
  9. Central Locking

Maybe worth doing a search in the Leon (mk2) forums: there's a few threads on there regarding central locking.
  10. Insurance increases

Just being doing my renewal: for the first time ever can't beat my renewal quote - Axa - it seems like they're one of the few that don't bump in up at renewal.
  11. New Ateca

Up to 37mph - seems quite high for it to be in control of steering, be interesting to see how this translates to real world.
  12. New Ateca

How does the traffic jam assist actually work? Does it accelerate and brake within a preset speed range?
  13. VW UP! GT, Mii FR?

Don't think it's been announced, but you'd think it would come in time.
  14. Insurance increases

Found for my dad, premiums started to go up when he got to 70. 1.5k for a Ka seems a lot though.
  15. VW UP! GT, Mii FR?

Up turbo now announced, but looks as though 90bhp - be interesting to see if they take it any further.
  16. New Ateca

2.0 biturbo diesel would be nice...
  17. New Ateca

Looks good, is the 190PS diesel just the same as the 184 in the Leon?
  18. CR170 fault code p2009

Thanks for the replies. Mty12345 - I'll have a read of that, I took the 10A fuses out, gave the connectors a clean and emissions light has gone out (for now). Unit9 - I got my dad to bring his Tiguan to you before Xmas to have the inlet manifold changed, so may bring mine in if it starts...
  19. CR170 fault code p2009

Emission control light on intermittently over past day or so, car driving ok, generic code reader gives fault code p2009. Can't find a lot of info on this code, but seems to be either inlet manifold itself or electrical fault to the manifold. Did a brief check of fuses in the engine bay...
  20. Leon 2.0TDI 140BHP Limp Mode / Turbo

John, have you had it scanned? My leon would go into limp mode when under load (eg up a hill/trying to overtake), but this was due to "low boost pressure" - turbo actuator had got stuck. Mine mainly does longer journeys, but it seems a fairly common problem as Seat/VW now sell just the actuator...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.