Search results

1. Seat Toledo Acceleration Very Slow

Hi All, Over the weekend I went on a 110 mile round trip on the motorway and noticed a considerable loss of acceleration driving my Seat Toledo MK2 TDI 2001 SE. I've been noticing for a while between 2nd and third and sometimes 3rd and 4th gears that the acceleration was taking an enormous...
  2. seat leon door seal leak

07 December 2017 16:01 Hi Everyone, I have the same problem with my MK2 Seat Toledo. My front drivers and passenger foot well / carpets are completely damp. I don't drive it much but and as a by-product I have severe condensation on the front / rear windscreens to the extent water is...
  3. Change Car Battery Toldeo MK11 2001 TDI

Thanks so muttley. Managed to also catch a few clips on you tube on a vw jetta which is the same setup. As I did not have a socket wrench with 13mm socket to remove the bottom clap I took to my mechanic to help remove. It does look quite straight forward will bear that in mind next time. I...
  4. Change Car Battery Toldeo MK11 2001 TDI

Hi All, I was wondering if some one could provide me some advice and guidance on changing the Car Battery on my Toldeo MK11 2001 TDI. As the cold snap has come in my battery has required 2 jump starts to get it going. Additionally, I've had the car for 3 and half years now and have not...
  5. Problems with Front Wipers.

Thanks Slimy, will check when I pick it up.
  6. Problems with Front Wipers.

Thanks Muttley, What's the best way to check? Is to the check the fluidity of the spindles?
  7. Problems with Front Wipers.

Thanks guys will have a look when I get a chance. Managed to find a linkage with motor nearby for £30.00. I might buy this just as a backup.
  8. Problems with Front Wipers.

Thanks Muttley, How easy is it to pull out the wiper frame? I'm worried that I may break something in the process of removing it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  9. Problems with Front Wipers.

Update to the wiper problems that I have posted above from yesterday. Drove the car on the motorway for about an hour this morning where there was persistent rainfall. I used the wipers and they appeared to be working much better I.e. They were running smoothly with a slight judder on the way...
  10. Problems with Front Wipers.

Thanks Slimy, may take the offer up if I'm struggling to get hold of one. I'm near Manchester so I'll see how I go nearby first.
  11. Problems with Front Wipers.

Hi Everyone I've just come back from 2 garages and both are saying its the motor as well as the linkage. I have the same problem where the wipers go very slowly and then stick halfway quarter way on the way down. They then don't work for about 30-40 seconds then do the same when they move...
  12. Broken Coil Spring

possible spring broken Hi Guys, Urgently need your help. I've just done a 60 mile trip and around 55 miles in on the motorway I went over a little dip and noticed on the passenger front wheel side a clunck or spring being released. I was on the motorway for a few miles more and noticed no...
  13. Head Gasket Gone?

Head Gasket Repair Hi I had to have my head gasket repaired which costed £650 including part like new cambelt and water pump. Since then I have had no problems and it has worked fine. Thanks
  14. Oil...What to use in your TDI

Sorry Tim, one final question, I have also noticed the Mobil 3000 XI which is currently on special offer. How does this compare to the other 3 oils you mentioned earlier. Thanks
  15. Oil...What to use in your TDI

Hi Tim, Many thanks for the detailed feedback. Looks like it's a toss up between the three oils you have mentioned. We'll definitely be using yourselves. I also have question about some oil for the wife's car. It's a 1997 Proton Compact Petrol. Not looking to spend the earth for an oil...
  16. Oil...What to use in your TDI

Hi Tim, Time for my Oil Change again. Been looking at a few oils on the Opie oils website as I had one small issue with the Oil I used last year. I used the Quantum Synta 10 40 oil (semi synthetic of course). The issue I had was that in the cold it would take a fraction longer for the engine...
  17. Heater strength

Hi MJ, Yes tried that, I think that's done the trick. Although I had it on idle for 50 mins and the temp guage would not move. Eventually decided to take it on run on a couple of junctions on the motorway and heater was blowing away at full force. I guess I hadn't run the car since the oil...
  18. Heater strength

Hi MJ, The car was cold but I have had it running for about 20 minutes. It's a TDI so naturally takes a little longer for things to get warmer. However, it seemed as though the day prior that within the same time the heater was blowing really hot air.
  19. Heater strength

Hi All, I had my filters (air, fuel, pollen/cabin and oil) changed yesterday including an oil change all with Genuine VW/SEAT filters and Quantam Synta oil. However, I noticed yesterday evening that heat coming out of the climate control system set at HI was not blowing as high as the...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.