Search results

1. Wolvotim

does the stat need doing????

When my temp sensor went it didnt seem to have an affect on the temp that the gauge displayed. I also found this pipe was split when I was doing the job worth checking as it seems something that seems quite prone to splitting http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=342311
  2. Wolvotim

does the stat need doing????

Sounds like what mine was doing and that was the stat. I got my stat from just a local car parts place with some coolent and a replacement dipstick guide spout (which I didn't actually need in the end). The job is technically easy just two bolts and a clip holding the pipe onto the stat...
  3. Wolvotim

One problem solved another found

Great isn't it. I got 35mpg the other day first time in ages
  4. Wolvotim

Ahh yeah makes sence now
  5. Wolvotim

OMG what a difference. Changed it today, this must have been going for months it feels like a new car to drive now
  6. Wolvotim

Might just get one from local dealers fuel smell is doing my head in
  7. Wolvotim

Cool I'll take a look;)
  8. Wolvotim

Temperature gauge creeping up

Did my stat yesterday and I baught a dipstick guide just incase. Typically I managed to get my old one off without breaking it so it went back on and the new one has gone back into the garage for posable future breakage
  9. Wolvotim

Just changed my my stat as my cupra was struggling to get upto temp. While I was doing the job a friend pointed out a cracked breather pipe Theres a slight smell of fuel when sitting on tickover don't know if this could be causing it?? Obviously it needs changing, anyone know a...
  10. Wolvotim

a recall for my car

Do you need full service history for them to cough up for the recall?? Been servicing mine my self for the past couple of years. It's just cracked 85k
  11. Wolvotim

Thermostat part no??

Gona change my thermostat tomorrow and was just wondering are they model specific or are all thermostat's just generic. If they are model specific anyone got the part no?? Got the one for the dipstick guide but can't find the thermostat number.
  12. Wolvotim

temp gauge

that happens anyway below about 2 or 3 degrees I think
  13. Wolvotim

Im 99% sure I know what's wrong

Yeah cool mate all advice welcome
  14. Wolvotim

temp gauge

Mines gone too. any more and I'd be shouting group buy lol
  15. Wolvotim

I only replaced the temp sensor a couple of years ago for a green one surely it couldn't have gone already? Plus when it went last time it threw up a code in vagcom and it's not this time.
  16. Wolvotim

Will do mate, how much you recon I'll need?
  17. Wolvotim

Have you ever changed one?? I've herd the dipstick spout is very brittle and will normally break on some 1.8T variations. I just wanted to know if this was the case in if it's worth getting one??
  18. Wolvotim

Yeah I thought so. Its probably not completely knackered yet as it will reach about quarter temp
  19. Wolvotim

As per title Im 99% sure I know what's wrong but I just want to double check before I buy parts. I'm thinking thermostat but here goes. My car is very rarely reaching normall temp on the dash gauge, and on the rare occasion it does reach normal temp driving at speed will bring the...
  20. Wolvotim

Has anyone failed their MOT on HID's yet?

Well its passed. Mrs said he didn't say anything about the lights just an advisory on the front breaks will need doing soon
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.